Congress.gov XML Bulk Data
The Bill Status data set includes all data from the existing Bill Summaries data set, plus new bill status data. The Congressional Bills data set is referenced by Bill Status data. Consult the Bill Status XML Bulk Data user guide to learn more about the new data set.
Availability of the open legislative data is a joint effort by the Government Publishing Office (GPO), the Library of Congress (LOC), the Office of the Clerk of the U.S. House of Representatives, and the Office of the Secretary of the Senate.
Additional guidance for use of Congress.gov data on web pages:
- How do I transition my THOMAS handles to Congress.gov?
- How to embed a Congress.gov search box on your website
More information regarding Congressional bulk data from the House and Senate:
- Legislative Documents in XML at the United States House of Representatives
- XML Sources Available on Senate.gov
For more information regarding the THOMAS retirement, see FAQs.
- About Accounts
- How to Get Alerts
- Congress.gov Enhancements
- Coverage Dates for Legislative Information
- Frequently Asked Questions
Looking for the THOMAS site?
Search tips, research guides, and resources about legislative information.