Welcome to the BugwoodWiki!
The High Plains IPM website covers current effective management options for insect, weed, pathogen and environmental problems affecting all major field crops grown in the High Plains. Here are some examples of the informational resources HPIPM offers:
The Diagnostician's Cookbook is an effort to compile standard recipes and techniques used by plant diagnosticians. Here are some of the latest additions:
A Field Guide for the Identification of Invasive Plants in Southern Forests: Update of Jim Miller's book now providing information on accurate identification of 56 plants that are aggressively invading forests of the 13 Southern States.
A Management Guide for Invasive Plants of Southern Forests: This book provides the latest information on how to organize and enact prevention programs, build strategies, implement integrated procedures for management, and proceed towards site rehabilitation and restoration.
Invasipedia! Please become a Scholar to contribute.
Early Detection and Distribution Mapping System:A free online tool for reporting invasive species and looking at their distribution.
A list of pests, diseases, and weeds that the National Plant Diagnostic Network Education and Training Committee is creating factsheets and Power Point materials for. They will be use by first detectors and other educators. Browse the entire list or look at some of the latest additions:
The Inventory Pest Evaluation and Detection, (I-PED) protocol provides a portable, accessible and standardized method of observing a tree for possible insect or disease problems. It is intended to be a modern protocol for long-term national urban pest networking, detection, and monitoring. Explore the online resources for this protocol including:
- BugwoodImages:Use images from the Bugwood Image Database just by using the image number!
- Taxobox:How to include an image and the taxonomy of a species in an article.
- State Specific Wiki articles:Add a state specific page on to any article!
- Bugwood Image Gallery:Add a gallery of user selected images from the Bugwood Image Database!
- Community portal:Find out how to become an author and more about our goals.
- Current events:Take a look at the ongoing projects.
- Articles that could use some help:See what articles have been requested or need more information
- Sandbox:A "play" area to get familiar with the wiki. Don't worry about making a mess in the Sandbox!