Cape Canaveral Launch Viewing
All expendable vehicles launched in Central Florida begin their journeys on the launch pads of Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, located next door to Kennedy Space Center. Launch Transportation Tickets are available for some, but not all, of these launches. Call the KSC Visitor Complex at (321) 449-4444 for information on purchasing tickets.
Image to left: Rising above a cloud of smoke and steam, the Delta II launch vehicle carrying NASA's Mars Exploration Rover Spirit lifts off from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station. Credit: NASA
Primary Launch Viewing Locations from North to South
- Marina Park: 501 Marina Road, Titusville -- Restrooms, parking
- Sand Point Park: 101 N. Washington Ave, Titusville -- Restrooms, parking
- Space View Park: 8 Broad Street, Titusville -- Parking nearby
- Manzo Park: 3335 S. Washington Ave (US 1), Titusville -- Restrooms, parking
- Rotary Riverfront Park: 4141 S. Washington Ave (US 1), Titusville -- Restrooms, parking
- Kennedy Point Park: 4915 S. Washington Ave (US 1), Titusville -- Restrooms, parking
- Westbound SR 528 Causeway over the Banana River Park well off the right-of-way near the water
- Jetty Park: East end of Port Canaveral off George King Blvd. -- Restrooms, parking
- Cocoa Beach Pier: 401 Meade Ave., Cocoa Beach -- Restrooms, parking
- Alan Shepard Park: East end of SR 520, Cocoa Beach -- Restrooms, parking
- Fischer Park: East side of SR A1A 1/2 mile south of SR 520 -- Restrooms, parking
- Lori Wilson Park: 1500 N. Atlantic Ave, Cocoa Beach -- Restrooms, parking
Mariners and pilots can learn about launch hazard areas and restrictions by calling 1-800-470-7232. The United States Coast Guard broadcasts this information on Marine Band Channel 16.
Vandenberg Air Force Base Launch Viewing
There are two viewing areas for launches at Vandenberg Air Force Base (VAFB).
Wallops Flight Facility Launch Viewing
› Viewing Launches at Wallops
- Weather Station: The public viewing site for Vandenberg launches is off of Corral Road near Vandenberg's main gate. To access the area, take Highway 1 to the Santa Maria Gate and proceed on Lompoc Casmalia Road. At the barriers, turn right onto Corral Road and bear left to the top. The launch countdown net and port-o-lets are set up near the bleachers.
- Vandenberg Golf Course: NO PUBLIC ACCESS for NASA launches. Private NASA viewing by formal invitation only.