Skip Navigation

A | A | A Want U.S. Government information? 1-800-333-4636   |


Search by System
Screen Reader users press enter to Limit by System.  Limit by System
Search Tips
Search filters applied

Search Results

Other Suggested Searches
Did you mean:
No results found.

  • Make sure all words are spelled correctly
  • Use different words that mean the same thing
Results 1 - 10 of 504
Recommended Links
  1. How do I register an entity in SAM?
    To register an entity in SAM, follow these steps: Step 1:  Access the SAM online registration at   Step 2:  Create a User Account. Step 3:  Click on "Register New...
    System: SAM | Date Updated: 07/28/2012
  2. What is a CAGE code? How are CAGE Codes assigned?
    The Commercial And Government Entity (CAGE) Code is a five-character ID number used extensively within the federal government. The CAGE code  is used to support a variety of mechanized systems...
    System: SAM | Date Updated: 07/28/2012
  3. How do I create a username and password if I was previously registered in CCR, FedReg,ORCA, or EPLS?
    To migrate your legacy system user account, you must first create a personal account in SAM by clicking on "Create an Account" on the homepage. Once you validate that you have access to the email...
    System: SAM | Date Updated: 07/28/2012
  4. How do I verify my entity is registered or view my registration status?
    Perform a public search on SAM to find an entity's registration or registration status. Go to the SAM website , click on "Search," and enter the applicable search criteria.  When you find the...
    System: SAM | Date Updated: 07/28/2012
  5. What is a DUNS and how do I obtain one?
    The Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) number is a unique nine-digit identification number provided by the commercial company Dun & Bradstreet (D&B). Call D&B at 866-705-5711 ) or via...
    System: SAM | Date Updated: 07/28/2012
  6. What happened to the Central Contractor Registration (CCR), Online Representations and Certifications Application (ORCA), Federal Agency Registration (FedReg), and the Excluded Parties List System (EPLS)?
    In July 2012, these systems migrated into the System for Award Management (SAM). CCR, FedReg and ORCA related information is contained within Entity Management in SAM. Legacy EPLS information resides...
    System: SAM | Date Updated: 07/27/2012
  7. Guide to Codes This chart may help you sort out some of the major codes used within SAM.
    CODE - DUNS Number Definition - Data Universal Numbering System Description - Unique identifier assigned by Dun & Bradstreet (D&B). Mandatory to begin SAM registration. Nine-digit numeric...
    System: SAM | Date Updated: 07/28/2012
  8. What are my yearly renewal requirements? How do I keep my entity’s record active?
    You must renew and revalidate your entity’s registration at least every 12 months from the date you last certified to and submitted the registration in SAM. However, you are strongly urged to...
    System: SAM | Date Updated: 07/28/2012
  9. I am updating and renewing my SAM record and noticed that the Dun and Bradstreet (D&B) information provided requires changing. How can I update this data?
    Registrants can update their D&B information by going to the D&B webform .  The changes will be visible in SAM 24 hours after they have been made at D&B.  If after 24 hours you...
    System: SAM | Date Updated: 07/28/2012
  10. What is an MPIN? Where can I locate or assign my MPIN?
    A Marketing Partner ID Number (MPIN) is a personal code that allows you to access other government applications such as the Past Performance Information Retrieval System (PPIRS). The MPIN acts as...
    System: SAM | Date Updated: 07/28/2012

Now Serving


  • Tip for Faster Service

    Most users phone the Federal Service Desk, sometimes triggering longer wait times but you may receive quicker service by submitting an Ask a Question on this site and you may be able to find the information you need by selecting "Search by System" in the Answer Center search box.

  • SAM

    SAM users are asking a lot of the same questions. So we're providing the top site issues as well as helpful hints to guide you through the new system. Take a look at what's trending in SAM today.

  • Recovery Funds or US Gov. Info

    If you are looking for information about the U.S. Government, please check or 1-800-333-4636 or


    Your Opinion is Valued! Select "Provide Feedback" tab.

  • Hours of Operation:

    Monday - Friday 8 am to 8 pm ET.