- Also On
- RecommendationsSee All
- Sharon SharpQuestion for anyone out there that might be able to answer. I work for USACE in the 0501 series and they make it mandatory to go to the motor pool on Tuesday mornings because of our hmmvv's (sp?). Of course, I hurt my wrist three months ago and every week that I go there it just keeps getting aggrevated so it's not healing. I've just resorted to taking leave on Tuesday mornings so that I don't have to go there. Is there something in writing that I can show them how wrong they are? (our safety officer position is vacant) Thanks!
- Rob JoswiakAlmost to 10k likes! Go OPM! :-D
- "Yet one of the greatest things about diversity is how it fosters innovation. At the heart of diversity is the act of looking at our assumptions and saying, what if that isn’t true? What if we could make that different? What if that doesn’t have to be so? Where there is a lack of diversity, rest assured, there is a lack of innovation. Where there is great diversity, greater innovation."
Full remarks: http://www.opm.gov/About_OPM/director/remarks/9-12-12DiversityRemarks.asp
Director Berry speaking at the Diversity Inclusion and Innovation in Government 2012 National Conference.
- LikesSee All
- "If we're going to tackle the problems of the 21st century, we're going to need everyone, We need to say to every community--we want you, we need you."
Director Berry addresses 40th Annual National IMAGE Conference for Hispanic Federal employees in Los Angeles, CA.
- From The White House Facebook Page: "Instead of turning inward with grief, we’ve honored the memory of those we lost by giving back to our communities, serving those in need, and reaffirming the values at the heart of who we are as a people.... That’s why we mark September 11th as a National Day of Service and Remembrance. Because we are one American family." -President Obama in his Weekly Address
Sign up for a service opportunity near you: http://www.serve.gov/
- “Every innovation starts with an idea somewhere - a lightbulb over somebody's head, provoked by discussion, or observation, or inspiration. And innovation is only worthwhile because it benefits somebody - because it makes people's lives bet...ter, or easier, or longer. We can't forget that from end to end, there has to be a human element in innovation.”
Below Director Berry swears in 18 new Presidential Innovation Fellows
- ActivitySeptemberPeople Who Like ThisVisits929