- Also On
- LikesSee All
- Office on Women's Health - U.S. Department of Health and Human ServicesGovernment Agency · Public Services
- Learn About Financial Aid Options for College Preparing for college can be stressful, but there are lots of resources from both federal and state governments that can help you decide if college is...
- A child touches the name of someone who died on September 11, 2011. The name is part of the memorial at the National September 11 Memorial and Museum. Find a name on the memorial at http://names.911memorial.org/
Photo by Jin Lee. View more of Lee's photos of touching moments at the memorial: http://on.fb.me/TFKTdm
- Renting a car can be confusing and expensive if you don't understand industry terms and how fees are calculated. If you have a poor driving record, renting a car may be next to impossible. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) prepared this brochure to outline some points to consider and questions to a…
- The President has said that the challenges America faces are unprecedented, and that we need to build a new foundation for economic growth in America. The Administration has begun this work with dramatic new investments in education, health care and clean energy, but we cannot do this alone here in …
- Conners of the Alaska Fisheries Science Center points out the challenges of managing the Pacific octopus in Alaska and how researchers are working to develop new technology to better capture, tag, and study the octopus. The octopus research study is a collaborative effort among the North Pacific Research Board, NOAA's Alaska Fisheries Science Center, the University of Alaska Fairbanks, and the Alaska fishing community.
- As of September 4, 2012, 87 deaths caused by West Nile Virus have been reported in the United States. There have been 1,993...
- The Archivist of the United States recently posted this story about patents that you may not know:
You may think that the National Archives is an unlikely place to learn the secrets of Michael Jackson's dance moves — but you’re wrong!
Wit...hin Record Group 241, Records of the Patent and Trademark Office, patent 5,255,452 gives us the secrets behind one move in particular — Michael’s "lean" as done in the music video, "Smooth Criminal."
Learn more about Michael Jackson's patent for "method and means for creating anti-gravity illusion" at http://1.usa.gov/UsaLaw
- This is also available as a brochure(PDF-244k). Order hard copies through our Publications page. This is part of our Weight Management Research to Practice Series.
- In 2009, Congress designated September 11th as a National Day of Service and Remembrance under bipartisan federal law, and charged the Corporation for National and Community Service with helping to support this effort across the country.
- Tattoo inks and the pigments used to color them can become contaminated by bacteria, mold, and fungi. In the last year, inks contaminated with a...