Image description: Political party conventions happen every four years. This photo is from the 1976 Democratic National Convention in New York City. The delegates are wearing Jimmy Carter smile masks.
View more images from political conventions, including illustrations from the humor and satire magazine Puck.
Photo by Warren K. Leffler, U.S. News & World Report, from the Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.