The Price of Stamps Will Increase in 2012
The cost of Forever stamps will increase by 1 cent on January 22, 2012. This means sending a First-Class letter will soon cost 45 cents. This is the first price increase for Forever stamps since May 2009.
Once purchased, Forever stamps can always be used to send a one ounce, First-Class letter, no matter how many times the price of the stamp changes in the future. You do not need to add an additional 1 cent stamp.
Other First-Class mail prices are also increasing:
- Letters (1 oz.) will cost 45 cents. This is a 1-cent increase.
- Additional ounces for letters will remain unchanged at 20 cents.
- Postcards will increase 3 cents to 32 cents.
- Letters to Canada or Mexico will cost 85 cents. This is a 5 cent increase.
- Letters to other international destinations will increase 7 cents to cost $1.05.
Prices also will change for other mailing services, including standard mail, periodicals, package services, and extra services.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.