Audio / Video / Photo
The audio, videos, and photos provided on this site are in the public domain and cannot be copyrighted. They may not be used to state or imply the endorsement by HHS or by an HHS employee of a commercial product, service, or activity, or be used in any other manner that might mislead. No fee is charged to use these images.
- February 13, 2012: Deputy Secretary Corr presents the HHS FY2013 Budget
- February 13, 2012: HHS FY 2013 Budget Press Conference
- January 27, 2012: Townhall with iVillage
- June 16, 2011: National Prevention Strategy Announcement
- June 8, 2011: Commemorating 30 Years of Leadership in the the Fight Against HIV/AIDS
- May 26, 2011: Hubert H Humphrey Centennial Celebration
- February 14, 2011: President's HHS budget for FY 2012
- December 8, 2010: Raising Healthcare Quality & Lowering Costs Through Health IT
- December 2, 2010: Section 508 Awareness
- October 19, 2010: National Adoption Day Announcement
- October 6, 2010: Webcast: Adoption Tax Credit and the Affordable Care Act
- September 28, 2010: Workforce Grant Announcement
- July 13, 2010: Press Conference: Final Rules to Support Meaningful Use of Electronic Health Records
- July 8, 2010: Press Conference: HHS Strengthens Health Information Privacy
- July 1, 2010: Press Conference: HealthCare.gov Launched
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Newsroom Image Library
- CDC Public Health Image Library (PHIL)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) Photo Galleries
- United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Image Libraries
- Library of Congress
- The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Photo Library
The CDC Newsroom Image library is home to the images journalists request most often. The library contains images of:
- The CDC Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Disease Agents – images of bacteria, viruses and other organisms that cause disease.
- Labs & Scientists – images of scientists at work in various lab settings.
- Disease Prevention – images of vaccination and other measures to prevent disease.
These images are in the public domain and are free of any copyright restrictions.
Much of the information critical to the communication of public health messages is pictorial. The content is organized into hierarchical categories of people, places, and science. The CDC Public Health Image Library (PHIL) contains photos, illustrations, and video.
Most of the images in the collection are public domain and are free of any copyright restrictions. Some images may be copyrighted and all images are labeled public domain or copyrighted.
The NIH Photo Galleries are a collection of images categorized by the NIH Institutes, Centers and National Library of Medicine. Content include general biomedical and science-related images, clinicians, computers, patient care-related images, microscopy images, and various exterior images.
NIH images are in the public domain and CANNOT be copyrighted. NIH images may not be used to state or imply the endorsement by NIH or by and NIH employee of a commercial product, service, or activity, or use in any other manner that might mislead. No fee is charges to use the images.
The USDA Image Libraries include:
- Food Safety and Inspection Images (FSIS) – a collection of images and graphics from the FSIS’s food safety education campaigns.
- The USDA Online Photo Library – a collection of thousands of digital images depicting general agriculture, health economics, resource conservation, forestry, and other programs administered by the agencies of the Department of Agriculture.
- Agriculture Research Service Photo Library – an image gallery of high quality digital photographs of animals, crops, insects, lab research, plants, etc.
The images in the collections are USDA property and in the public domain. For questions about copyright issues, please contact Alice Welch (email@example.com).
The Library of Congress Digital Collections provide one of the largest bodies of noncommercial high-quality photographs, manuscripts, maps, and other web materials. Features digital collections include:
- American History & Culture – a digital library of historic maps, photos, and documents from American Memory.
- Prints and Photographs – a catalog of about half of the Library’s pictorial holdings with over 1 million digital images.
- Web Site Archiving – searchable archives of historic web pages including national elections, 9/11 and more.
Information about copyright, privacy and publicity rights regarding the Library of Congress collections can be found on the Library’s Legal Notices page.
The NOAA Photo Library has more than 10,000 images in 22 collections. The NOAA collection spans centuries of time and much of the natural world from the center of the Earth to the surface of the Sun.
Most NOAA photos and slides are in the public domain and cannot be copyrighted. No fee is charged for using the photos but credit must be given to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration/Department of Commerce unless otherwise instructed to give credit to the photographer or other source.