Asked by Anonymous
What type of personal grants are available?
The government does award grants, but most go to state and local governments or nonprofit organizations. The federal government rarely gives personal grants directly to individuals.
But there are assistance programs available that help individuals and families. Find benefits and other financial assistance from the government.
You can also check out our blog post about government grants to learn the truth about personal grants and free money from the government.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.