Section 508 requires that all Web site content be equally accessible to people with disabilities. This applies to Web applications, Web pages and all attached files. It applies to intranet as well as public-facing Web pages.
What is the ASPA/WCD 508 Program?
The ASPA/WCD 508 Program is housed within the OS/ASPA Web Communications and New Media Division.
The goals of the program are to assist HHS OPDIVs and STAFFDIVs in:
- Testing websites, Web pages, Web applications, widgets, documents, and email blasts for 508 compliance
- Provide guidance on how to remediate 508 issues within existing websites and documents
- Empower OPDIVs with the knowledge and resources to ensure the compliance of future websites through various training sessions and materials
- Access Board Guidance
- Section 508: Why Comply?
- Section 508 Accessibility Policy
- 508 Interim Access Provision
- Accommodation Guidance
- 508 Contract Language
- Myths & FACTS about 508
Compliance with Sections 504 and 508 of the Rehabilitation Act: Reminder to all HHS OPDIVs/STAFFDIVs