Affordable Care Act
The Administrative Simplification provisions of the Affordable Care Act of 2010 (ACA), build on the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) with several new, expanded, or revised provisions, including requirements for:
• Operating rules for each of the HIPAA transactions
• Enumeration of a unique, standard Health Plan Identifier (HPID)
• New standards for electronic funds transfer and electronic health care claims attachments
• Health plans to certify compliance with the standards and operating rules
• Penalties for health plans that fail to comply or to certify their compliance with applicable standards and operating rules.
For additional information view the Affordable Care Act Administrative Simplification.
For additional information view Deadlines and Key Dates for HIPAA Administrative Simplification Compliance.
- Page last Modified: 08/30/2012 10:57 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins