National Pesticide Information Center



Pesticide Emergency Resources

Call 911 for pesticide emergencies or the appropriate contacts below.

fire engine
Human Poisoning

sad dog
Pet Poisoning

man in chemical suit
Spill and up Resources

heron in water
Wildlife Poisoning or Environmental Incident

Human Poisoning

Return to Top

Pet Poisoning

If your animal is having life-threatening symptoms like seizures, unconsciousness, or having difficulty breathing, consider taking your animal immediately to a local veterinarian or emergency animal hospital.

These organizations also offer emergency advice:

Need information about a specific chemical? Visit our page on Pesticide Poisoning in Pets.

To report pesticide poisoning call NPIC or visit our reporting problems page.

Return to Top

Spill and Cleanup Resources

For small pesticide spills, contact the product manufacturer for cleanup advice.

For large spills, call the National Response Center at 1-800-424-8802. You can also contact Chemtrec at 1-800-424-9300 or outside the U.S. at (703) 527-3887.

If you have experienced a natural disaster and are in need of cleanup information, visit our webpage on Pesticide Risks and Resources for Natural Disasters.

To report a pesticide spill, call NPIC or visit our reporting problems page.

Return to Top

Last updated June 26, 2012