Recovery Audit Program
Section 302 of the Tax Relief and Health Care Act of 2006 made the Recovery Audit Program permanent and required the Secretary to expand the program to all 50 states by no later than 2010.
Each Recovery Auditor is responsible for identifying overpayments and underpayments in approximately ¼ of the country. The Recovery Audit Program jurisdictions match the DME MAC jurisdictions.
The Recovery Auditor in each jurisdiction is as follows:
Region A: Diversified Collection Services (DCS)
Region B: CGI
Region C: Connolly, Inc.
Region D: HealthDataInsights, Inc.
All correspondence, Web sites and call centers will be in the name of the Recovery Auditors above. Click the link below to obtain contact information for each Recovery Auditor.
- FY 2010 Report To Congress [PDF, 773KB]
- Sept.1, 2011 Recovery Audit Program Final SOW [PDF, 291KB]
- Recovery Auditors Contact Information [PDF, 221KB]
- Recovery Audit Program Slide Presentation [PDF, 39KB]
- MM 6183 Limitation on Recoupment [PDF, 117KB]
- The Medicare Appeals Process Brochure [PDF, 337KB]
- Page last Modified: 08/13/2012 2:48 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins