The Medicare Learning Network® (MLN) Products Provider Compliance page contains educational products that inform Medicare Fee-For-Service (FFS) providers on how to avoid common billing errors and other improper activities when dealing with the Medicare Program. Since 1996, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has implemented several initiatives to prevent improper payments before a claim is processed and to identify and recoup improper payments after the claim is processed. The overall goal of CMS' claim review programs is to reduce payment error by identifying and addressing billing errors concerning coverage and coding made by providers.
The MLN products and MLN Matters® Articles on this page are designed to provide education on common billing errors and other improper activities identified through the various claim review programs and help Medicare FFS providers avoid such errors. To download a list of related articles and products, including the “Medicare Quarterly Provider Compliance Newsletter,” which highlights the top issues of that particular quarter, go to the “Downloads” section below. These lists are updated as new products and articles are developed and existing products and articles are revised.
If you would like to contact the MLN, please E-mail us at MLN@cms.hhs.gov.
- Medicaid Program Integrity: Safeguarding Your Medical Identity Educational Products [PDF, 140KB]
- Medicare Parts C and D Fraud, Waste, and Abuse Training [ZIP, 497KB]
- Medicare Fraud & Abuse, Fact Sheet (October 2011) [PDF, 469KB]
- Provider Compliance Products [PDF, 199KB]
- Provider Compliance MLN Matters® Articles [PDF, 110KB]
- Archive of Medicare Quarterly Provider Compliance Newsletters [PDF, 124KB]
- MLN Catalog of Products [PDF, 10MB]
- How to Sign Up for MLN Educational Products Electronic Mailing List [PDF, 117KB]
- How To Sign Up For MLN Matters® [PDF, 154KB]
- CMS Electronic Mailing Lists: Keeping Medicare Fee-For-Service Providers Informed [PDF, 410KB]
- Page last Modified: 08/13/2012 4:37 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins