Subscribe to statistics email updates.
Government in action -
Quick Health Data Online
The Department of Health and Human Services Office on Women's Health has developed an important online tool: Quick Health Data Online. Quick Health Data Online contains extensive health data for the years 1998-2004 for the entire United States, and it will be updated on a yearly basis. National, regional, state, and county data are available and the data can be stratified by gender, race/ethnicity, and age concurrently.
The database includes statistics on:
- Access to care
- Infections and chronic disease
- Reproductive health
- Maternal health
- Mental health
- Violence and abuse
With Quick Health Data Online you can easily:
- Compare your locality with others across the country
- View data by county type
- Examine data trends
- Create maps, charts, and reports
- Export data to other applications
Access is free, and users can make their own tables and graphs out of any data in the database. The database also incorporates a mapping capability using ArcView GIS. Age-adjusted data and 3-year averages are included for many of the health indicators. This online tool can benefit federal, state, and local health department employees as well as other health professionals, researchers, members of the press, and consumers — anyone looking for health statistics.
- Monthly spotlights – Topics of interest and relevant data available on QHDO are highlighted in this section.
- Women's health and mortality chartbook – The chartbook was developed to provide readers with an easy-to-use collection of current state data on critical issues relevant to women.
- Health disparities profiles – Twenty-one health indicators are presented, which highlight some of the key areas related to health disparities among different populations.
Content last updated March 29, 2012.
A federal government website managed by the Office on Women's Health in the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
200 Independence Avenue, S.W. • Washington, DC 20201