2012 WOMAN Challenge
Join the 2012 WOMAN Challenge!
Get Active & Eat Healthy Together
The Office on Women's Health in the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services started the WOMAN Challenge in 2001 as a part of National Women's Health Week to encourage women across the country to get active. This year, we're partnering with the President's Challenge and adding a healthy eating component.
Follow these steps to join our WOMAN Challenge group and compare your physical activity progress and nutrition goals with others, while receiving encouragement along the way during National Women’s Health Week and beyond!
- Click here at the President’s Challenge website to register an individual account.
- Once you successfully create an account, you are automatically entered into the WOMAN Challenge group and brought to the group’s page. Congratulations!
- To begin setting your nutrition goals and logging your physical activity, click Tracker.
- Under the Healthy Eating section, select a Nutrition Goal. Be mindful of this nutrition goal throughout the eight week challenge, and be sure to put a checkmark for each week you have successfully met this goal.
- Under the Physical Activity section, enter your daily activity, the level of intensity, and the duration. Be sure to enter this information every day that you are active.
- You are awarded points each time you meet your nutrition goal and enter your physical activity. Use the Progress to Date icon on the right hand side to view your progress.
- Interact with other team members by clicking Groups.
- Under My Groups, click WOMAN Challenge.
- Message other group members my clicking on their names.
- To see how you stack up against others, click Compare.
- To post or learn about a specific topic, or to join a conversation with group members, click Connect.
Did You Know?
Being part of a group, like the WOMAN Challenge, can help you meet your physical activity and nutrition goals.
Being active and healthy eating are important for living longer, healthier, and happier lives. As part of the WOMAN Challenge, we are challenging women to be active 30 minutes a day, at least 5 days a week, for 6 out of 8 weeks. There are many different activities you can do, such as walking, gardening, kayaking, water aerobics, yoga, and more! As an alternative to tracking your activity, you can also count the number of steps you take each day (goal: 8,500).
When it comes to eating healthy, set small, manageable goals for yourself. For example, challenge yourself to eat smaller portions or opt for water instead of a sugary drink. You could also strive to make half of your plate fruits and vegetables or choose low-fat or non-fat options.
Participating in the WOMAN Challenge is a great way to get active, eat healthy, and be recognized for your accomplishments, so register today!
Login now or create an account.
- For help with the National Women's Health Week website, including problems registering your organization or event, please contact womenshealth.gov or use our online contact form to send us a message.
Content last updated February 8, 2012.