Suggest a Blog Topic

Many of our blog posts come from the suggestions and questions we receive from our readers. If you have a suggestion for a blog post, please enter it in the box below and click “Ask.”

If you need a response to a question, please send us an email, chat with us, or call us at 1-800-FED-INFO. You can also check our list of frequently asked questions. We cannot respond to anonymous questions.

Frequently Suggested Topics and Questions

Did the price of stamps increase?

Yes, the cost of Forever stamps increased by 1 cent on January 22, 2012. Once purchased, Forever stamps can always be used to send a one ounce, First-Class letter, no matter how many times the price of the stamp changes in the future. You do not need to add an additional 1 cent stamp. Learn more about the price increase.

How do I apply for student aid?

To apply for student aid, you must fill out the Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA). Learn if you qualify and how to apply from the Department of Education.

What resources are available to help me pay my mortgage?

You may be able to refinance or modify your mortgage to make your payments more affordable. Learn about your options at

What resources are available to help me pay for necessary improvements or maintenance on my home?

You can learn about resources to help you maintain or improve your home, including information on loans from the Office of Housing and Urban Development.

What resources are available for small businesses?

The Small Business Administration is your best source for information about government resources for small businesses. Visit their site at

How can I get a visa to move to the United States?

There are many different ways to get a visa to move to the United States. Generally, you must be sponsored by a relative who is a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, or by a prospective employer. Learn about your options from the State Department.

How can I attend school in the United States?

There are many different ways to study in the United States. Learn what you need to do from the U.S. government’s official site for international students:

How can I contact my representative and/or senator?

You can find out how to contact your elected officials at

How can I contact President Obama?

You can email the White House at

You can also call or write:
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500
Please include your e-mail address

Phone Numbers
Comments: 202-456-1111
Switchboard: 202-456-1414
FAX: 202-456-2461

Comments: 202-456-6213
Visitors Office: 202-456-2121