- Make Sure New Media is Not a Source of Distracted Driving
- Infographics: Applying Visual Design to Information
- "A picture is worth a thousand words": Photo Sharing at AIDS 2012
- Gearing up for Social Media at USCA
- CDC National Conference on Health Communication, Marketing, and Media
- Twitter, and Mobile Technology, Take Off at AIDS 2012
- The Cloud: Using Web-Based Tools for Collaboration
- Engaging with Communities of Color Using New Media
- AIDS 2012 and "The State of New Media and HIV"
- Puentes Entre Vecinos: Increasing Knowledge, Dialogue and Representation of Latino/Hispanic and Caribbean Leaders at AIDS 2012
- AIDS.gov: Anytime, Anywhere, on Any Device
- Historic New Media Call to Action at AIDS 2012
- Twitter on the Rise
- Stories that Change Behavior
- Digital Storytelling: A Community Tool to End HIV Stigma
- Tumbling Uphill: Social Blogging Site Tumblr on the Rise
- Setting an Example: Do You Text and Drive?
- Do you Text and Drive?
- Devices vs. Content: Lessons from SXSW Interactive
- Announcing the Locator API
- Open Data in Action: What is an API?
- Mobile Opportunity: The Health Resources and Services Administration Experience
CDC National Conference on Health Communication, Marketing, and Media
Released on: 08/21/2012
AIDS.gov attended the 6th Annual CDC National Conference on Health Communication, Marketing, and Media in Atlanta, which provides a forum for the discussion and exploration of health communication, marketing and media.
Twitter, and Mobile Technology, Take Off at AIDS 2012
Released on: 08/21/2012
The number of daily tweets peaked at over 20,000 on Monday, the first full day of the conference, which featured many high-profile speakers and sessions. The subjects of the tweets spanned a wide range of topics, with many from institutional and organizational tweeters disseminating information about their activities, research, and perspectives.
Puentes Entre Vecinos: Increasing Knowledge, Dialogue and Representation of Latino/Hispanic and Caribbean Leaders at AIDS 2012
Released on: 07/03/2012
Numerous Latino/Hispanic partners are working to highlight key HIV/AIDS issues impacting Latino/Hispanic communities at the AIDS2012 conference thanks to the work of the National Latino AIDS Action Network (NLAAN).
Digital Storytelling: A Community Tool to End HIV Stigma
Released on: 05/15/2012
One example of a tool used to share stories with social media is Storify, a website that gathers tweets, blog posts, online videos, photos, news articles, and more from around the web and places them into a single post, or 'story.'
Announcing the Locator API
Released on: 04/12/2012
We're pleased to announce a more flexible way to access the information found in our HIV/AIDS Service Provider Locator tool (a location-based search tool that allows you to search for testing services, housing providers, health centers and other service providers near your current location).