Working Effectively With Tribal Governments
This training curriculum along with several resources has been developed to provide federal employees with skills and knowledge they can use to work more effectively with tribal governments.
In this course, you will develop an understanding and awareness of tribal issues and concerns. You will learn how the unique status of Indian tribes and their historical relationship with the federal government affects government programs, responsibilities, and initiatives.
You will also learn about the integral role of federal Indian policy in all aspects of working with tribal governments.
To work effectively with tribes, you should be aware of not only historical and legal issues, but cultural factors as well. This course will also touch on some of these cultural factors.
Last updated: 10/19/2011
- Executive Summary
- Federal Law - Title 25 / Chapter 26 [PDF 2.13MB]
- MOA [PDF 135KB]
- Letter to Tribal Leaders [PDF 259KB]
- OIASA Charter
- Available Downloads
- Newsletter Archive
- Contact Information
- OIASA Home
- Dear Tribal Leader Letter (May 2012) [PDF 1.7MB]
- TAP Message
- TAP Technical Assistance Message
- TAP Guidelines
- FacebookExternal link. Please review our Disclaimer
- FlickrExternal link. Please review our Disclaimer
- RSS FeedsExternal link. Please review our Disclaimer
- SAMHSA BlogExternal link. Please review our Disclaimer
- TwitterExternal link. Please review our Disclaimer
- YoutubeExternal link. Please review our Disclaimer