People Consortium Meeting and Public Hearing
"Building the Next Generation of Healthy People"
November 12 and 13, 1998
Capital Hilton, Washington, D.C.
Disease and Stroke
- It is important to get a flavor for comprehensiveness of
each chapter. It was recommended that the Related Objectives be placed in the front of
each chapter. Since there are so many objectives that may be relevant and are not included
in the chapters, it is good to see them up front as "related objectives."
- Better than the best discussionthese may not be
achievable. It is not always straightforward. May need to reconsider some of them.
- Change term from "doctor" to "heath care
providers" as there are many other disciplines that are involved with this issue. In
many areas, access to physician is not possible, nurse practitioners and other health care
providers are those who are interfacing with patients.
- Since African American males are included as a select
population breakout, what isn't African American females included as well in objective #8.
In addition, consider adding gender select population breakouts for each race/ethnic
- Information needs to be included on the proportion of people
who arrive at medical care facility alive. In addition, information on brain attack
awareness and time to treatment administration of TPARefer to objective #15.
- Proportion of people who arrive on time "early enough
to use it"
- 911 availability -brain attack
- TPA administration--wait beyond the three hours -closed
window of opportunity
- The text needs to discuss lack of utilization of known
therapeutics that work for heart attacks such aspirin and beta blockers. Why are these not