Medicare Provider-Supplier Enrollment
This section is designed to provide Medicare enrollment information for providers, physicians, non-physician practitioners, and other suppliers. Please review the downloadable fact sheets below to learn more about Medicare provider and supplier enrollment.
CMS has established Internet-based Provider Enrollment, Chain and Ownership System (PECOS) as an alternative to the paper (CMS-855) enrollment process. Internet-based PECOS will allow physicians, non-physician practitioners and provider and supplier organizations to enroll, make a change in their Medicare enrollment, view their Medicare enrollment information on file with Medicare, or check on status of a Medicare enrollment application via the Internet. For more information about the Internet-based PECOS, please select the "Internet-based PECOS" link to the left.
For information regarding Advanced Diagnostic Imaging Accreditation, please select the "Advanced Diagnostic Imaging Accreditation" link to the left.
For information regarding DMEPOS accreditation, please select the "DMEPOS Accreditation" link to the left.
For information regarding DMEPOS Competitive Acquisition, please select the "DMEPOS Competitive Bid" link from the "Related Links Inside CMS" section below.
See the Related Links Inside CMS section below for other helpful resources. Use the Frequently Asked Questions link to get answers to commonly asked questions about provider and supplier enrollment and help with navigating various sections of this Web site.
- Contact Information for Medicare Enrollment Contractors [PDF, 154KB]
- CMS Provider Victim Validation/Remediation Initiative [PDF, 214KB]
- Tips to Facilitate the Medicare Enrollment Process [PDF, 24KB]
- Medicare Provider-Supplier Enrollment National Education Products [PDF, 418KB]
- Decision Health Presentation 10/04/2012 [PDF, 1MB]
- Page last Modified: 10/04/2012 11:38 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins