Policy for Linking to Outside Websites
Our website contains links to external sites. All external links to educational institutions (.edu), non-profit organizations (.org) and government agencies (.gov) are acceptable.
Points of consideration for external links include the following:
- Relevance to HHS and agency activities and communication goals
- Compliance with legal obligations
- Sponsoring organization or person
- Verification of information
- Timeliness and review of information
- Qualifications to provide health or human services information or advice
- Separation of advertising and editorial content
- Financial interests
- Contact information or feedback mechanism
- Registration and fees
By clicking links in the section labeled "Related Links Outside CMS," you will be leaving the cms.hhs.gov website. These external links are not the responsibility of, or under the control of, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). Some of these links may be to non-Federal government websites (.gov). CMS disclaims responsibility for the content and privacy policies of non-.gov websites.
CMS reviews its external links on an on-going basis.
- Page last Modified: 02/27/2012 1:21 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins