Microsoft Releases Patch for Internet Explorer Exploit
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 9
Microsoft has released Security Bulletin MS12-063 to address the use-after-free vulnerability that has been actively exploited this past week.
Microsoft Internet Explorer versions 6, 7, 8, and 9 are susceptible to a use-after-free vulnerability. This vulnerability is being actively exploited in the wild. Microsoft has released Security Bulletin MS12-063 to patch this vulnerability and four others.
A remote, unauthenticated attacker could execute arbitrary code, cause a denial of service, or gain unauthorized access to your files or system.
US-CERT recommends that Internet Explorer users run Windows Update as soon as possible to apply the MS12-063 patch.
- Microsoft Security Bulletin MS12-063
- US-CERT Alert: Microsoft Security Advisory for Internet Explorer Exploit
- Microsoft Windows Update
- US-CERT Vulnerability Note VU#480095
- September 21, 2012: Initial release