You'll make these payments throughout the year in a Medicare drug plan:
- Monthly premium
- Yearly deductible
- Copayments or coinsurance
- Costs in the coverage gap
- Costs if you get Extra Help
- Costs if you pay a late enrollment penalty
Your actual drug plan costs will vary depending on:
- The drugs you use
- The plan you choose
- Whether you go to a pharmacy in your plan's network
- Whether the drugs you use are on your plan's formulary
- Whether you get Extra Help paying your Medicare Part D costs
Look for specific Medicare drug plan costs, and then call the plans you're interested in to get more details.
If you have limited income and resources, your state may help you pay for Part A and/or Part B. You may also qualify for Extra Help to pay for your Medicare prescription drug coverage.