Image description: This full-circle photo of Mars’ surface is made of 817 images taken by the panoramic camera on NASA’s Mars Exploration Rover Opportunity. It shows the terrain that surrounded the rover while it was stationary for four months of work during its most recent Martian winter. Learn more about the Martian features in the photo.
The explorer Opportunity and its twin, Spirit, landed on Mars in January 2004. NASA’s next-generation Mars rover, Curiosity, landed on Mars in August.
Image from NASA/JPL-Caltech/Cornell/Arizona State University
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.