U = Uniformed Services

Check with your agency or service payroll office about its procedures for making an election to start, change, or stop your TSP contributions. You may be instructed to:

  • Use your agency's or service's electronic system, or
  • Submit Form TSP-1, Election Form (TSP-U-1, uniformed services).

If your agency or service accepts the TSP election form, you can complete the paper version that they can provide to you, otherwise, it is available on this website, or you can call the ThriftLine to have it sent to you.

If you are a FERS employee and you choose to stop your regular employee contributions, your Agency Automatic (1%) Contributions will continue each pay date that you are in pay status and will be invested according to your most recent contribution allocation on file with the TSP. Agency Matching Contributions will end when your regular employee contributions end.