Doing Business With Social Security
Social Security offers online information and services to third parties who do business with us.
Our business services provide employers access to Social Security’s web services using a secure website.
- Employer W-2 Filing provides guidance to employers and businesses on reporting wages to Social Security.
- Employers can verify the names and Social Security numbers of current and former employees free using the Social Security Number Verification Service through Business Services Online.
- Businesses can also verify names and Social Security numbers for a fee using the Consent Based SSN Verification Service.
Attorneys & Appointed Representatives can work with Social Security to view their client’s records folders electronically or to receive direct payment.
Government-to-Government Services is a suite of applications enabling government organizations and authorized individuals to conduct business with Social Security.
Choose Your Business Group
- Attorneys and Appointed Representatives
- Contractors with the Office of Acquisition and Grants
- Employers Who Hire Foreign Workers
- Farmers, Growers and Crew Leaders
- Financial Planners
- Government Agencies
- Human Resource Professionals
- Representative Payees
- Self- Employed Individuals
- Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Businesses
- Small and Disadvantaged Businesses
- Software Developers
- State and Local Government Employers