We Can!® in Action eNewsletters
The We Can! in Action eNewsletter highlights We Can! community events, partner collaboration, and overall program growth. Take a look at our most recent issues and subscribe today!
- The We Can! Summer eNewsletter welcomes Share Our Strength and soccer star Dwayne de Rosario in our effort to help children maintain a healthy weight. This summer, we also have revised, easy-to-read tip sheets to use in your communities with parents and children.
- We Can! Champion: Marisa Langford, founder of Fit Kids Playground, uses coffee to draw in parents for the We Can! Parent Program in Tampa, FL.
- Community Site Spotlights: Learn how Children in Action Sports Club and Adams County Health Center are bringing We Can! lessons about healthy lifestyle to parents and youth in their communities.
- Partner Spotlight: We Can! welcomes Share Our Strength as an exciting new national partner that will be collaborating with We Can! to help spread the word about the links between nutrition and physical activity to childhood obesity.
- You Asked, We Answered: Get more information on gathering feedback from We Can! Parent Program participants, and where to get started if you're taking over We Can! efforts.
- In Other News: A new, updated version of the Partnership Presentation, Community Partnerships: Helping Children Maintain a Healthy Weight is now available! The revised presentation is now more current, succinct, and easier to use.
- The We Can! eNewsletter debuts with a new design and new topics. This spring, We Can! encourages you to go green for Earth Day and to turn off those electronic devices and head outside to get more physical activity.
- We Can! Champion: Doctoral candidates Hannah Weiss and Kaitlin Brasier at the University of San Diego partner with the Children's Physicians Medical Group and Rady Children's Hospital to run the We Can! Parent Program.
- Community Site Spotlights: Learn how the Move More Kids Program in Somerset County, Maine, is using We Can! to create county-wide change, and find out how the Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center in Waukegan, Illinois, is adapting the We Can! Parent Program to make it work best for participants.
- Partner Spotlight: See how an insurance company is supporting the health and wellness of its clients through We Can! programming.
- You Asked, We Answered: Get more details on the We Can! listserv message about hosting an HBO movie screening.
- In Other News: The Detroit Department of Health and Wellness Promotion, a We Can! Intensive community site, educated 80 community leaders about We Can! at a regional training.