Native Youth: Connecting Cultures and Wellness
Wednesday, November 2, 2011 at 9:50 a.m.
Great Hall, Hubert H. Humphrey Building
Department of Health and Human Services
What began at the turn of the century as an effort to gain a day of recognition for the significant contributions the First Americans made to the establishment and growth of the United States has resulted in the month of November being designated for that purpose.
Please Revisit Often - Information is Periodically Updated
- HHS Secretary Sebelius' Statement on Heritage Month
- Download the Heritage Month 2011 Poster [JPG - 473K]
- Download the Heritage Month 2011 Opening Ceremony Poster [JPG - 451K]
- Download the Heritage Month 2011 Opening Ceremony Agenda Poster [JPG - 347K]
- Brief History on the Creation of National American Indian & Alaska Native Heritage Month
The celebrations are possible because of shared interests and partnerships amongst various agencies, organizations, and communities within the Washington D.C. metropolitan region.
- 2011 American Indian and Alaska Native Tribal Listing [PDF - 4.7MB]
- Visit the Census Bureau Web Site
for Statistical Data about the American Indian and Alaska Native Population