Division of Facilities Planning and Construction (DFPC)
To promote and facilitate engineering planning and construction support for the IHS national facilities program by
developing and enhancing relationships among Tribes, area offices, and Service Unit engineers and related professionals
dealing in building health care systems.
Attainment of the
and DHHS missions
The DFPC mission is achieved by:
- Maintaining a priority list based on relative need.
- Supporting tribes when they choose to assume facilities-related responsibilities.
- Planning health care and associated facilities to minimize facility life-cycle costs.
- Planning, promoting, & constructing improvements to existing facilities where they are not optimally functional.
- Planning & constructing new facilities when existing facilities do not exist or cannot be effectively improved.
- Developing state-of-the-art facilities with efficient and effective facilities planning.
- Targeting the unmet need with limited resources for maximum effectiveness.
Be a Relevant Global Health Care Facilities Engineering Division in support of Public
Indian Health Service
Office of Environmental and Health Engineering
Division of Facilities Planning and Construction
12300 Twinbrook Parkway, Suite 600 C
Rockville, Maryland 20852
Phone: 301-443-1851 Fax: 301-443-1810