- Also On
- LikesSee All
- The U.S. President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)Government Organization
- Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)Government Organization
- Via the U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps Public Health Reports, findings from a special supplement called “Innovations in Oral Health Care for People Living with HIV/AIDS” show that innovative program models can engage and reta...in people living with HIV/AIDS into oral health services.
The articles in this special issue represent important additions to our body of knowledge about oral health care for people living with HIV/AIDS - check out this blog post to learn more.
- Tune in to the audio podcast Conversations with AIDS.gov for reflections on social media from GMHC's Krishna Stone. Also check out the video here:
- 15 de octubre: Día Nacional Latino para la Concientización del SIDA. Por ello el MMWR de los CDC publicó los resultados del nuevo estudio “Diferencias geográficas en la infección del VIH entre hispanos o latinos de 46 estados y Puerto Rico, 2010”. Este blog tiene más información.
- October 15 is National Latino AIDS Awareness Day!
In observance of NLAAD, the CDC MMWR released results of a new study today, “Geographic Distribution of the Burden of HIV among Hispanics or Latinos in 46 States and Puerto Rico, 2010.”
This blog post has more on the report and federal HIV programs reaching Latinos.
- A recent tuberculosis (TB) report from the CDC found that fewer people in the U.S. have TB than in years past. Yet TB is still a serious threat, especially for people living with HIV.
In 2011, the percentage of people with TB who reported...being tested for HIV was 82%—an increase from 67% in 2010. 6% of TB patients reported HIV-positive test results. Learn more about these numbers and TB treatment for those with HIV in this blog post.
- Dr. Grant Colfax from The White House Office of National AIDS Policy speaks at the second day of the U.S. Conference on AIDS (photo credit: Ben Carter/National Minority AIDS Council).
Check out blog posts recapping cure research, the National HIV/AIDS Strategy, and the Affordable Care Act during the second day (at http://go.usa.gov/Y2NQ and more at http://go.usa.gov/YDEG).
- A Facing AIDS photo from the U.S. Conference on AIDS: "I'm Facing AIDS to help end stigma."
Thank you everyone who participated! You can see all the photos at http://facing.aids.gov/ (click on the gallery), and download the free Facing AIDS iPhone app to share your message from home.
- Dr. David Malebranche, yesterday's USCA plenary speaker, is Facing AIDS "because we are at a turning point in the epidemic!" If you're at USCA, stop by Booth 328 to take your Facing AIDS photo.
Whether you're at the conference or at home, it's easy to download the new Facing AIDS mobile app, available now in the iTunes store.
- Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia have been awarded a total of $14.2 million in first-year funding under a new, innovative, three-year cross-HHS demonstration project aligned with the National HIV/AIDS Strategy (NHAS).
- ActivityOctoberPeople Who Like This157