- Also On
- LikesSee All
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)Government Organization · Drug & Alcohol Rehab
- The U.S. President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)Government Organization
- Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)Government Organization
AIDS.gov shared a link.Via the U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps Public Health Reports, findings from a special supplement called “Innovations in Oral Health Care for People Living with HIV/AIDS” show that innovative program models can engage and reta...in people living with HIV/AIDS into oral health services.See More
The articles in this special issue represent important additions to our body of knowledge about oral health care for people living with HIV/AIDS - check out this blog post to learn more.
- Have you heard of a Twitter Townhall? Thinking about hosting one? StopBullying.Gov shares best practices from their first one held in March via the HHS Digital Strategy Blog.
- Tune in to the audio podcast Conversations with AIDS.gov for reflections on social media from GMHC's Krishna Stone. Also check out the video here:
- Kali Lindsey reflects on NMAC's Summit to End HIV/AIDS in America
- 15 de octubre: Día Nacional Latino para la Concientización del SIDA. Por ello el MMWR de los CDC publicó los resultados del nuevo estudio “Diferencias geográficas en la infección del VIH entre hispanos o latinos de 46 estados y Puerto Rico, 2010”. Este blog tiene más información.
- October 15 is National Latino AIDS Awareness Day!
In observance of NLAAD, the CDC MMWR released results of a new study today, “Geographic Distribution of the Burden of HIV among Hispanics or Latinos in 46 States and Puerto Rico, 2010.”
This blog post has more on the report and federal HIV programs reaching Latinos.
- HIV and aging was the issue in the spotlight at the third day of the annual U.S. Conference on AIDS. Check out this blog post for a recap.
- A recent tuberculosis (TB) report from the CDC found that fewer people in the U.S. have TB than in years past. Yet TB is still a serious threat, especially for people living with HIV.
In 2011, the percentage of people with TB who reported...being tested for HIV was 82%—an increase from 67% in 2010. 6% of TB patients reported HIV-positive test results. Learn more about these numbers and TB treatment for those with HIV in this blog post.See More
- Reflecting on learning social media, GMHC says "You can do this!" Get your inspiration from this video and blog post: http://go.usa.gov/YBW9
- Dr. Grant Colfax from The White House Office of National AIDS Policy speaks at the second day of the U.S. Conference on AIDS (photo credit: Ben Carter/National Minority AIDS Council).
Check out blog posts recapping cure research, the National HIV/AIDS Strategy, and the Affordable Care Act during the second day (at http://go.usa.gov/Y2NQ and more at http://go.usa.gov/YDEG).
- Do you know your HIV status? It's not a debate. Find HIV testing sites & other services near you: http://go.usa.gov/YTUd
- A Facing AIDS photo from the U.S. Conference on AIDS: "I'm Facing AIDS to help end stigma."
Thank you everyone who participated! You can see all the photos at http://facing.aids.gov/ (click on the gallery), and download the free Facing AIDS iPhone app to share your message from home.
- We’re living at a time where anyone can be a diplomat. All you have to do is hit send.” –United States Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, September 22, 2012
- Magic Johnson and Wendy Williams sit down during yesterday's U.S. Conference on AIDS plenary. Here are highlights from the first day: http://go.usa.gov/Ygpz
(Photo credit: National Minority AIDS Council)
- Dr. David Malebranche, yesterday's USCA plenary speaker, is Facing AIDS "because we are at a turning point in the epidemic!" If you're at USCA, stop by Booth 328 to take your Facing AIDS photo.
Whether you're at the conference or at home, it's easy to download the new Facing AIDS mobile app, available now in the iTunes store.
AIDS.gov shared a note.We're here at the United States Conference on AIDS! See how you can engage with us, whether attending in-person or following from home.
- We are here at USCA! If you need something to before the conference, take some time to visit the AIDS Quilt on the Promenade Level.
AIDS.gov shared a link.Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia have been awarded a total of $14.2 million in first-year funding under a new, innovative, three-year cross-HHS demonstration project aligned with the National HIV/AIDS Strategy (NHAS).
- ActivityOctoberPeople Who Like This157