- Also On
- Excessive alcohol consumption is associated with approximately 79,000 deaths per year. Help your loved ones find the help they need. http://findtreatment.samhsa.gov/TreatmentLocator/faces/quickSearch.jspx
- Help raise awareness and take action to prevent substance abuse in your community. Check out ideas for planning an event during National Substance Abuse Prevention Month and encourage others to get involved, too! http://www.samhsa.gov/prevention/docs/PreventionMonthActivities09192012.pdf
- Get your questions ready! This Friday, October 5, at 3 p.m EST StopBullying.Gov will host a Twitter Town Hall on bullying prevention and response. Learn about best practices and new policy initiatives – and to share stories about what’s working in your community.
Experts from the DC Office of Human Rights and Federal Partners in Bullying Prevention will be on hand for the event. Tweet them using #BullyFreeDC.
- An estimated 22.5 million Americans aged 12 or older are current illicit drug users. October is National Substance Abuse Prevention Month, a month-long observance that focuses on the role substance abuse prevention plays in promoting safe and healthy communities. Learn what you can do to prevent substance abuse. http://www.samhsa.gov/prevention/nationalpreventionmonth
- Did you know that in 2011, 20.6 million Americans were classified with substance dependence or abuse? October is National Substance Abuse Prevention Month. Join us in recognizing this observance. http://www.samhsa.gov/prevention/nationalpreventionmonth
- Show your support for recovery by taking the Pledge 4 Recovery on the Recovery Month Facebook page. See what you can do today, this month, and throughout the year: http://www.facebook.com/RecoveryMonth/app_139696196169235
- ActivityOctoberPeople Who Like This259