- Also On
- RecommendationsSee All
- Donna AndrewsSO my mom's SS check was stolen and we arent sure weither it was out of the mail box orfrom with in the administration itself. So heres a warning please be on the look out. Apparently what I have found out that when this happens Social Sucurty can NOT help you. Your own your own. So be careful if this is your primary mode of money. Thank you
- Terri Ann Betts-WallaceThe legally blind and low vision laws need to be reviewed. As for a person in my situation who is legally blind and has Systemic Lupus and Lupus Nephritis and I still can't qualify for benefits. I am considered not insured. How is a legally blind disabled person supposed to work? What programs are out there for the legally blind to get to work?
- CA Jocelyn MathisHow many presidents have borrowed from ssn.?
- Kristina Marie KruseJust want to say that CYCLIC VOMITING SYNDROME is real and is rare and we are just as much disabled with it as any other illness. I have fought tooth and nail through 3 paper denial for SSI and a court hearing denial where the judge said I took no meds which is bull crap because I GAVE HIM the list of the 14 plus meds. Ya'll need better competent workers and judges to handle cases. I can't keep a job and we are on the verge of living on the streets. I can't even get food stamps or medicaid because I keep getting told I didn't turn something in when I DID several times. Messed up government we have here.
- Just a reminder, the Social Security Administration will never ask you to send sensitive information through non-secure channels. Read How We Verify And Protect Your Identity @ http://www.socialsecurity.gov/mystatement/verifyandprotectid.html
- Are you interested in changing Medicare prescription drug plans?
The Open Enrollment Period begins October 15th and ends December 7th.
For more in-depth information, you can read “Understanding Medicare Enrollment Periods” at http://www.medicare.gov/Publications/Pubs/pdf/11219.pdf
- Good question:
Are Social Security numbers re-assigned after a person dies?
We do not re-assign Social Security numbers. We have assigned more than 465 million Social Security numbers and each year we assign about 5.5 million new numbers. ...The current system will provide us with enough new numbers for several generations into the future.
To get answers to other Frequently Asked Questions, visit our FAQ page at www.ssa.gov/faq
- Do you, or someone you know, prefer to do business with us in Spanish? Check out, or share, our webinar, “¡Servicios del Seguro Social por Internet - en Espanol!” The webinar describes several Spanish online services, including the Retireme...nt Estimator and applications for Social Security retirement, Medicare, and Extra Help with the cost of Medicare prescription drugs.
For more information, visit http://socialsecurity.gov/open/online-services-from-social-security-in-spanish.html
- Ciao, Bon Voyage, See you later! However you say it, before you go, learn how living outside of the United States can affect your Social Security payments. www.socialsecurity.gov/international/payments.html
- Did you know that the most commonly spoken Filipino language is “Tagalog”? If you know someone who is most comfortable speaking Tagalog and needs to access Social Security services, make sure to let them know about our Multilanguage Gateway. Through this Gateway, they can access Social Security information in Tagalog and 14 other foreign languages. http://www.socialsecurity.gov/multilanguage/
- View our Starter Kit for information about applying for SSI child disability benefits, and other important information about state and local medical assistance. https://www.socialsecurity.gov/disability/disability_starter_kits_child_eng.htm
- Social Security is working with healthcare providers to exchange medical records electronically for faster and more accurate disability claim decisions. At Social Security, we are always working to improve service and be more efficient. http://www.socialsecurity.gov/pressoffice/pr/ssa-and-kaiser-pr.html
- Did you know that we automatically enroll you in Medicare after you get disability benefits for two years? The two parts of Medicare we enroll you in are hospital insurance and medical insurance.
To learn more, check out our page “Medicare Coverage If You’re Disabled” http://www.socialsecurity.gov/dibplan/dapproval4.htm
- What’s in your wallet? We hope it’s not your Social Security card. Keep your card in a safe place. DO NOT routinely carry your card or other documents that display your number.
Learn to how to keep your Social Security number safe at http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/10064.html
- Good question
At what age can I apply for Medicare?
The Beatles answered that question with their song “When I’m 64”. You can apply for Medicare as early as three months before you reach age 65. In most cases, you can do it online. To learn more, visit http://www.ssa.gov/pgm/medicare.htm.
Speaking of the Beatles, what’s your favorite song from them?
- Online Service:
Young or old, if you need to do business with Social Security, chances are you can do it online. Learn about all the convenient things you can do online at Social Security. Business owner? Government employee? You, too, can take advantage of our online services! http://www.ssa.gov/onlineservices/
- ActivityOctoberPeople Who Like ThisVisits31825