YouTube Pay Content Terms of Service
Effective as of June 27, 2012
YouTube allows you to view certain video content ("Pay Content") for a fee by streaming or downloading (as applicable) that content through YouTube for a specified price (the "Service"). The Service includes movie rentals on YouTube and any other YouTube service or feature that makes such Pay Content available to you via YouTube. Your transactions and any other use of the Service and Pay Content are subject to these YouTube Pay Content Terms of Service ("Pay Content Terms").
1. Your Acceptance
By using the Service, you signify your agreement to (1) these Pay Content Terms; and (2) all other terms and conditions that generally apply to the YouTube website, including without limitation YouTube's Terms of Service, Privacy Notice, and Community Guidelines applicable to your geographic location.
2. Payment and Refund Policy
YouTube accepts payment by credit card, Google Wallet account, and any other form of payment that we make available to you. You agree to (i) pay for any Pay Content that you order through the Service and that YouTube may charge your credit card or other form of payment that you indicate for any Pay Content ordered, along with any additional amounts (including any taxes), and (ii) abide by any relevant Terms of Service or other legal agreement (including without limitation the Google Wallet Terms of Service), whether with YouTube, Google or a third party, that governs your use of a given payment processing method. You agree that YouTube reserves the right to add or remove payment processing methods at its sole discretion and without notice to you.
Prices for Pay Content may include sales tax based on the billing address and sales tax rate in effect for such address. YouTube will only charge tax on digital goods where digital goods are taxable.
Cancellation: You can get a refund for an unwatched rental as long as it's within 7 working days of your order. Requests for refunds for any other reason must be directed through the Report A Problem tool located here. We reserve the right to approve or deny refund requests after 7 working days at our sole discretion.
When you order an item of Pay Content through the Service, you may either (i) rent the Pay Content for viewing an unlimited number of times during the period of time specified on the transaction page displayed at the time of your payment ("Viewing Period") and noted in your confirmation email (“Rental Pay Content”) or (ii) purchase the Pay Content for storage in a digital locker and for viewing an unlimited number of times as long as the Pay Content is available in the digital locker (“Locker Pay Content”).
Pausing, stopping, or rewinding an item of Rental Pay Content will not extend your applicable Viewing Period for that Rental Pay Content. Each item of Rental Pay Content may have a different Viewing Period and you agree to review the Viewing Period before you order it.
Each item of Locker Pay Content will be available for unlimited viewing for as long as YouTube is able to maintain the rights to continue providing you that Locker Pay Content (for at least 5 years from the date of your purchase, unless it becomes unavailable due to provider content licensing restrictions) (“Locker Period”). Pausing, stopping, or rewinding an item of Locker Pay Content will not extend the Locker Period. Each item of Locker Pay Content may have a different Locker Period and you agree to the Locker Period before you order it.
Pay Content, even Pay Content previously purchased by you, may become unavailable due to restrictions from our partners who license us the Pay Content. If you purchased an item of Pay Content that becomes unavailable, you may not be entitled to a refund.
You agree to watch Pay Content only within the territories where we make such content available. To watch any item of Pay Content on the Service, you will need to use a device that meets the system and compatibility requirements for such Service, which may change from time to time. You may view Pay Content when (1) online, with a broadband connection and logged onto your YouTube or Google account or (2) offline and viewing from a previously authorized device. You must be online to authorize and deauthorize a device for viewing Pay Content.
For each item of purchased Rental Pay Content, you agree to watch such Rental Pay Content on only one device at a time (either online or an authorized offline device).
For Locker Pay Content, (1) you may view only one stream of each item of Locker Pay Content at a time, (2) you may view up to 3 streams of Locker Pay Content from your locker at a time, (3) you may authorize up to 5 devices for offline playback of Locker Pay Content at a time and to authorize additional devices, you must deauthorize one of those 5 devices, (4) you may only authorize the same device twice every 12 months, and (5) you may only authorize a total of 2 devices for offline playback every 90 days.
You may watch an ordered item of Pay Content only for personal, non-commercial use. You agree not to display Pay Content in whole or in part for any public presentation even if no fee is charged (except where such use would not constitute a copyright infringement). You are receiving a license under copyright to the Pay Content and all rights, title and interest in the Service and Pay Content not expressly granted to you in these Terms are reserved by YouTube and its licensors. If you violate any of the terms and conditions of the Pay Content Terms, your rights under this Section 4 will immediately terminate and YouTube may terminate your access to the Pay Content, the Service and/or your YouTube account without notice and without refund to you.
When you use the Service, you may not (or attempt to):
- use the Pay Content in an illegal manner or for an illegal purpose;
- share your YouTube account password with someone else to allow them to view an item of Pay Content that such person did not order;
- copy, sell, rent, or sublicense the Pay Content to any third party;
- circumvent, reverse-engineer, modify, disable, or otherwise tamper with any security technology that YouTube uses to protect the Pay Content or encourage or help anyone else to do so;
- access the Pay Content other than by means authorized by YouTube; or
- remove any proprietary notices or labels on Pay Content.
6. Other Terms
- You acknowledge and agree that certain Pay Content available on the Service may be considered offensive to some people and that such content may not be labeled as such and that descriptions of Pay Content are not guaranteed to be accurate. You agree to use the Service at your own risk and YouTube will have no liability to you for any content that you find offensive.
The Service is being provided by Google Inc., reachable via mail at:
Attn: YouTube Movie Rentals
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View, CA 94043
via email online form
Complaints and/or feedback about your video rental experience may be sent to the address above or provided online as described above or at the online form located here.
- You agree that you are solely responsible for (and that YouTube has no responsibility to you for) your use of the Service or any Pay Content, any breach of your obligations under the Pay Content Terms, and for the consequences (including loss or damage of any kind which YouTube may suffer) of any such breach.
- You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for paying all fees in a timely manner and for providing us with a valid credit card or other form of payment acceptable to YouTube. IN ADDITION, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR ONLINE ACCEPTANCES CONSTITUTE A BINDING AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND YOUTUBE AND SIGNIFY YOUR INTENT TO BE BOUND TO SUCH ONLINE ACCEPTANCES.
- IN NO EVENT WILL YOUTUBE OR ITS AFFILIATES' AGGREGATE LIABILITY FOR ANY AND ALL CAUSES OF ACTION BROUGHT BY YOU OR YOUR AGENTS ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE SERVICES EXCEED THE PAYMENTS ACTUALLY RECEIVED AND RETAINED BY YOUTUBE FROM YOU FOR THE SERVICES.
- You acknowledge and agree that that if you are located in North America, these Pay Content Terms, your transaction for the Pay Content, and your relationship with YouTube under these Pay Content Terms shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., without respect to its conflict of laws principles, and that any claim or dispute that arises in whole or in part from your use of the YouTube Website and the Service will be decided exclusively by a court of competent jurisdiction located in Santa Clara County, California, U.S.A.
- You acknowledge and agree that if you are located in North America or Latin America (e.g., Mexico, Brazil), your transaction for the Pay Content is with Google Inc., and your relationship shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., without respect to its conflict of laws principles, and that any claim or dispute that arises in whole or in part from your use of the YouTube Website and the Service will be decided exclusively by a court of competent jurisdiction located in Santa Clara County, California, U.S.A. If you are located elsewhere your transaction for the Pay Content is with Google Ireland.
YouTube reserves the right to change the availability of Pay Content and/or pricing without notice. In certain rare circumstances, a third party licensor to YouTube may even force us to make an item of Pay Content unavailable for viewing prior to or even following an order by you during your Viewing Period due to copyright disputes or other reasons. Your sole remedy in such situations is either a refund of the price paid for the unavailable Pay Content or a reasonable replacement for such otherwise unavailable Pay Content (e.g., a file of such unavailable Pay Content in a different format), as determined by YouTube. In such circumstances, please submit a refund request using the Report A Problem tool in the YouTube Help area of the YouTube website.
In addition, we reserve the right to modify, suspend, or discontinue the Service with or without notice to you and we will not be liable to you or any third party for any such modifications, suspension, or termination. We may also, in our sole and absolute discretion, change these Pay Content Terms from time to time so we encourage you to periodically review the most up-to-date version. Your continued use of the Service constitutes your agreement to abide by the Pay Content Terms as changed. If you object to any such changes, your sole recourse will be to stop using the Service.