Now tracking sub-award data
The OMB Guidance for sub-award data outlines the requirements for Federal Agencies and prime contractors and prime grant awardees (collectively "prime awardees") for reporting subaward and executive compensation data pursuant to the Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act of 2006 and associated 2008 amendments (the "Transparency Act" or "FFATA").
Federal Government Procurement Data Quality Summary PDF
FFATA sub-award reporting
Documents from the FFATA Town-hall held on September 23, 2010:
Recently Added Reports
Recently Added Features
- IT Dashboard - Modified the API algorithm used for matching contracts sent from IT Dashboard to increase the match rate.
- D&B Disclaimer - A disclaimer that the D&B data can only be used for internal purposes only, and not for any commercial, resale or marketing purposes will be displayed across various pages.
- DSVT - For all grant assistance awards of Action Type (B, C & D) submitted with an award obligation/action date on or after October 1, 2010, must have a valid DUNS number either in CCR or in Dun & Bradstreet (D&B).
- DSVT – Fix to send the DSVT email notifications with only Error Summary file, in cases where the Error Details file is more than 10 mb. A note has been added to the email notifications to navigate to the Error Detail file.
- Fix to retain the commas “,” in all the data fields of the search results, for both USAspending.gov and Small Business Dashboard websites
- Added full and incremental Data Feed Archives for the month of November 2011.
- Added full and incremental Data Feed Archives for the month of October 2011.
- Trends – Added Purchase Card data for Q4 FY 2011 and refreshed data for FY 2009 – 2011.
- Uploaded ECA's 4th Quarter 2011 One Page Summaries and 990 Contacts extract.
- PSC Code Change- Implementation
- Latest description/title of the PSC will be considered when summarizing data.
- In the Top 5 PSC data widget, latest description/title of the PSC will be displayed starting 10/1/2011 (FY 2012) based on the FY selected by the user.
- In complete transaction details, PSC description/title will be displayed based on the contract’s signed date.
- In list of transactions, even if the PSC is same for two different transactions, the PSC description will be displayed based on the contract’s date signed.
- In the Prime advanced search criteria, PSC description/title will always be the latest when showing the values in the facet, but in the contracts transaction details, the PSC description/title will be displayed based on the contract’s signed date. In Data feeds feature, description of the PSC code is provided based on the contract’s signed date.
- Added full and incremental Data Feed Archives for the month of September 2011.
- DSVT- CFDA Validation Rules Have Been Updated-
- It must be a valid CFDA Program number as of the award obligation/action date as available on www.cfda.gov , only for new grant assistance awards (Action Type =A) submitted on/after October 28, 2011 with an award obligation/action date on/after October 1, 2010.
- For all other Action Types (B, C & D) there will be no CFDA number validation check
- DSVT- DUNS Validation Rules Have been Updated-
- It must have a valid CCR registration as of the award obligation/action date, for new assistance awards (Action Type=A) submitted with an award obligation/action date on or after October 1, 2010.
- For all other grant assistance awards of Action Type (B, C & D) submitted with an award obligation/action date on or after October 1, 2010, there must be a valid DUNS number in Dun & Bradstreet (D&B).
- The submitted award record will still be accepted, if the CCR registration is expired and obligation action date is prior to CCR registration expiration date.
- DUNS number is a required field for new prime grant awards with obligation/action date on or after October 1, 2010.
- DSVT- New Data Validation Rules have been Implemented-
- Obligation Action/Date date must be greater than or equal to 01/01/1900. An obligation/action date that belongs to a future fiscal year is NOT valid. However, records with future obligation/action dates but within the current fiscal year are valid.
- Starting Date- The Date submitted must be between 01/01/1900 and 12/31/2099.
- Ending Date-The Date submitted must be between 01/01/1900 and 12/31/2099.
- Added FY 2012 in the application UI in the following pages in both Prime and Sub-awards:
- Summaries - Drop down Trends - Graph view and List View.
- Data Feeds, Agency Submissions and Archives.
- Search - Facets, Advanced Search, Timeline.
- Added a New National Interest Action Value - 'Hurricane Irene .National Interest Action value 'Hurricane Irene 2011' is valid from 08/22/2011 to 10/21/2011.
- Added full and incremental Data Feed Archives for the month of August 2011.
- Updated Congressional District Persons for the FY 2012.
- Trends – Added Purchase Card data for Q4 FY 2010 and Q1 FY 2011
- Generated full and incremental Data Feed Archives for the month of Jan 2011
- USAspending.gov has been updated to handle the following new business types added in CCR:
- 8A - Women-Owned Small Business
- 8E - Economically Disadvantaged Women-Owned Small Business
- 8C - Joint Venture Women-Owned Small Business
- 8D - Joint Venture Economically Disadvantaged Women-Owned Small Business
- Trends — Changed the functionality of the Trends mentioned below to mandate selection of one of the drop downs in the Graph View
|By Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) Program
||Made Agency selection mandatory from the "By Agency" dropdown
|By Congressional District
||Made the state selection mandatory from the "By State" dropdown
|By Recipient Congressional District
||Made the state selection mandatory from the "By Recipient State" dropdown
|By Products or Services Purchased
||Added a new dropdown for the "By Product/Service Category" and Made Product/Service Category selection mandatory from the "By Product/Service Category" dropdown
- Trends - Added Extent Competed Type as an option in the Graph View on the X and Y axes
- Defaulted the fiscal year to 2011 throughout the USAspending website
- Included FY 2011 data in Trends tab for the List and Graph Views
- Advanced Search Results page - Provided the option to select the number of search results per page and display the transaction number for each record
- Recently Added Features section — Updated to display the last two release items in an expanded format and collapse the previous release items by default. Added the option to expand or collapse any of the release items
- DSVT - Added an exact record length check for the number of characters in the FAADS PLUS submissions for Assistance and Program Source data
- Modified XML Exports (List of Sub-awardees, Sub-awardee Profiles, List of Recipients, Recipient Profiles) when multiple Fiscal year and State associated with a Sub-awardee or Recipient are selected
- Added full and incremental Data Feed Archives for the month of Dec 2010
- Added Subscription feature for API users
- Added capability to search for multiple values in a comma separated format for various fields on the Prime Award and Sub-award Advanced Search pages — Recipient DUNS Number, Parent Contractor DUNS Number, Sub-awardee DUNS Number, ZIP Code, Procurement Instrument Identifier, IDV Procurement Instrument Identifier, Federal Award Identifier, CFDA Program Number, State Application Identifier, Program Source: Agency Code and Account Code
- Added different color coding for "Insurance" and "Others" Type of Spending in the bar charts on the By Agency tab
- Added missing data elements in Data feeds/Archives and the APIs
- Usability Improvements — Added consistent Button style, Hyperlink style, Active style, Header placement and Bar Order in Summaries tab
- Added Top 5 Principal NAICS codes widget to the Sub-award Search Results Summary View.
- Trends — Display the Congressional Districts based on the State selected when navigating between tabs
- DSVT — Fixed special character issue for FAADS PLUS file Submissions
- DSVT — Fixed Multiple File validation Issue
- Data Feeds — Added feature to display FAADS PLUS files based on 'Submission(s) Due for' field as well as 'Date File Received' fields
- Added sub-grant data.
- DSVT — Implemented validations for Recipient Country Code and Principal Place of Performance Country Code fields based on ISO 3166-1 alpha-3 country codes only.
- Added percentage on the hover over of the Map on the Search Results page and Map List view.
- Added percentages to the bar graphs on the Search Results Summary View page.
- DSVT - Added a new calendar pop-up for the start date and end date.
- Added Top 5 Principal NAICS codes widget to the Prime Search Results Summary View.
- Implemented FSRS API for the sub-award data.
- Extended the Generic DUNS implementation to the complete set as received from GSA.
- Removed "What's New" tab from FAQs page.
- Replaced the term "Purchase Cards" with "Charge Cards" in Trends page.
- Uploaded ECA's 4th Quarter 2010 One Page Summaries and 990 Contacts extract.
- Implemented display of Executive Compensation data for the Prime Award Data.
- Provided multi-select dropdown with sub-categories for NAICS and PSC codes on the Prime Award / Sub-award Advanced Search pages.
- Performed Data Feeds (Prime Award Data) performance improvements.
- Add Pagination for Search Results Export for Complete Level of Detail.
- Add "Sub-award Documents" page.
- Add full/incremental Data Feed Archives for the month of Oct 2010.
- Display data on Federal Contracts First-tier Sub-awards.
- Display executive compensation data related to Federal prime or sub-contract awardees, if required under the Transparency Act.
- Sub-award and executive compensation reporting requirement goes into effect for:
- Federal contracts:
- Beginning July 2010 for prime contracts greater than $20 million;
- Beginning October 1, 2010 for prime contracts greater than $550,000;
- Beginning March 1, 2011 for prime contracts greater than or equal to $25,000.
- Federal grants, beginning October 1, 2010, for new prime grant awards of $25,000 and over. Prime awardees will be able to report in FSRS beginning October 29, 2010.
- Display Parents Duns No. in ALL reports/exports.
- Add Limitation of Liability disclaimer.
- Add option for By Recipient Type under Assistance Views for Trends.
- Add multi-select capability for Contractor Type, Extent Competed, NAICS Code Category, Funding Sub-Agency, Legislative Mandates, Type of Contract Used, Type of Assistance and Type of Recipient fields on Advanced Search page.
- Resolve printing related issues on Summary pages.
- Ensure Total Dollars are displayed consistently for all List views.
- Add FY 2010 Purchase Card data
- Improve usability of Trends tab
- Display filter parameters in List View
- Multiselect capability for Agency/Sub-agency dropdown on Advanced Search page
- Ability to access historical data through the Data Feeds tab -> Archives subtab
- Ability to download changed records through the Data Feeds tab
- Display newly added functionality on the site
- Help section on conducting searches and running reports
- Expand Export functionality to summary pages
- Add search filter parameters on data exports in CSV, Tab and XML formats
- Improve usability of Search Results, Advanced Search and Complete Details View pages
- Export search results at the List of Recipients, Recipient Profile and Complete Details levels
- Change default views from displaying FY 2009 data to FY 2010 data
- Remove FY 2000 and add FY 2010 data on tabular Trend reports
- Display Top 5 Sub-Agencies in Summary views
- Summary views for Sub-Agencies and Minor agencies
- Display aggregate metrics (total transactions and dollars) on Summary views
- Include exhaustive list of FPDS data elements in Complete Details site view and data download
- Narrow search results by 'Type of Spending'
- Conduct exact phrase searches using quotations ("")
- Summary view of search results
- Display timeliness of data submission and freshness of data on the site
- Export search results at the Summary and List of Transactions levels
What's New in 2.0?
Compare spending across agencies –
understand types of agency spending
View agency spending dashboards -
see how and where agencies are spending money
and who the recipients are
Explore spending trends with interactive charts –
use interactive motion charts to see how spending trends have changed from year to year
See spending where you live –
use interactive maps to
see dollars being spent in your state
Quickly find what you are looking for –
use interactive search features
to customize your search across multiple dimensions
Filter, analyze and share –
share your feeds, exports and results with friends
via social book-marking and RSS feeds
Analyze contract and award transactions –
review all transactions for a single contract or award
in one simple list
Download bulk data –
download all spending data
for offline analysis
Get spending updates every day –
access new spending data on a daily basis
Expect more transparency –
look for more spending data in the future as 2.0 is engineered to support full FFATA compliance
Watch the FFATA Sub-award Reporting System (FSRS.gov) webinars
GSA's Office of Government-wide policy has hosted several overview webinars to introduce the grants sub-award reporting functionality coming to FSRS.gov on October 29, 2010. You can watch the previously recorded webinars by clicking on the session title links below.
Additionally, a learning module demonstrating the capabilities of the current FSRS tool for reporting Federal contract sub-awards entitled "FSRS Contractor Demonstration"is already available at http://www.fsrs.gov under "Training Materials."
Grant sub-award reporting user guides, FAQ's, and an on-line demonstration video will be incorporated into FSRS on October 29, 2010.