Skip To Main Content
DHS Seal Navigates to CBP homepage Logo Navigates to CBP homepage

  About CBP    Newsroom    Border Security    Trade    Travel    Careers  
Report Suspicious Activity to 1-800-BE-ALERT
Report Trade Violations Online - E-Allegations

FOIA Requests
- What Records Can CBP Provide Under FOIA?
- 05/21/2012

Some records may not be available through the CBP FOIA Office. View a list of common FOIA requests and the agency/program office that can respond to these requests.
- How to Request an A-Filefeatured see also (offsite link)

Alien files (A-Files) are under the control of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Requests for A-Files, including requests for any records contained therein, should be directed to USCIS.
- How to Request Information Regarding Entry and Exit
- 05/21/2012
- How to File a CBP FOIA Request
- 05/01/2012

Steps to follow when preparing a FOIA request.
- Tips for Describing Records Requested Under FOIA
- 05/01/2012

In order to help expedite the search process, CBP FOIA has provided some tips that may assist with the FOIA requests.
arrowImporter Trade Activity (ITRAC) Requests
ITRAC is a company-specific import data placed in an MS-Access 97 database, and provided on CD-Rom for a processing fee.
- FOIA Library
- 04/12/2011

Records disclosed in response to a FOIA request that "the agency determines have become or are likely to become the subject of subsequent requests for substantially the same records are available through the FOIA Library.
- CBP FOIA Contacts
- 05/01/2012

Contact information related to submitting a new FOIA request.
section sitemap for
FOIA Requests
see also:
right arrowon
 What Records Can CBP Provide Under FOIA?
right arrowon the web:
 How to Request an A-File

get RSS feed for FOIA Requests News Feeds

How to
Use the Website

Featured RSS Links
What's New Contacts Ports Questions/Complaints Forms Sitemap EEO/DCR | FOIA | Privacy Statement | Get Plugins | En Español
Department of  
Homeland Security  
  Inquiries (877) CBP-5511   |   International Callers (703) 526-4200   |   TTD (866) 880-6582