- Connect with NCBI genetic counselors at the National Society for Genetic Counselors 2012 Conference in Boston and learn more about the NIH Genetic Testing Registry (GTR). See the session on Clinical Genetic Resources at NCBI on Thurs., Oct. 25th. Meet the counselors and get help registering your lab with GTR at the Open Forums on Thurs and Fri. More details: http://1.usa.gov/UzECAN
- RecommendationsSee All
- Anthony Hinnant Hinnantwww.hr.umaryland.edu/careers
- dbSNP builds 137 for mouse (Mus musculus) and for cow (Bos taurus) are now available on the NCBI FTP site (mouse: http://1.usa.gov/Rdre2O and cow: http://1.usa.gov/VvvXRs) and in Entrez SNP (http://1.usa.gov/TsYINa). The mouse variations a...re mapped to the Genome Reference Consortium (GRC), GRCm38, and the Celera mixed-strain assembly Mm_Celera. The cow variations are mapped to the Cattle Genome Sequencing International Consortium, Btau_4.6.1, and the University of Maryland, Bos_taurus_UMD_3.1, assemblies. See the build announcement (http://1.usa.gov/N4x4NZ) for more details.
- Join the 88 laboratories that have already registered 586 tests with the NIH Genetic Testing Registry (GTR, http://1.usa.gov/SYpGWk). GTR staff will show you how during this fall's annual genetics meetings. Arrange a personal meeting with GTR staff at the AMP, NSGC or ASHG conferences. Learn more: (http://1.usa.gov/Tss34x)
- The new PubChem Classification Browser (http://1.usa.gov/Qjk1KF) provides a way to browse PubChem substance or compound data organized by Medical Subject Headings (MeSH), Chemical Entities of Biological Interest (ChEBI), Kyoto Encyclopedia ...of Genes and Genomes (KEGG) biological roles, LIPID MAPS classification. BioAssay data may be browsed using Gene Ontology categories. Examples are available in the help document (http://1.usa.gov/SWGTnF).
- More than 6 million structures from the SCRIPDB are now available in PubChem (http://1.usa.gov/P5hmUh). Extracted from the complex work units of more than 300,000 USPTO patents between the years of 2001-2012, these PubChem Substance records...link to both SCRIPDB and the USPTO websites.
A direct link to the SCRIPDB records is here: http://1.usa.gov/VImnXN. A full text article describing the SCRIPDB project is available in PubMed Central: http://1.usa.gov/P5htPr. The SCRIPDB website is at: http://dcv.uhnres.utoronto.ca/SCRIPDB/.
- ActivityOctoberPeople Who Like ThisVisits1,41718