Science and Technology
EPA's research mission is to conduct leading-edge research and foster the sound use of science and technology to fulfill EPA's mission to protect human health and safeguard the natural environment.
|Air Climate Change Ecosystems||Health Land, Waste and Cleanup Pesticides||Substances and Toxics Sustainable Practices Water|
EPA relies on sound science to safeguard both human health and the environment. EPA conducts research on ways to prevent pollution, protect human health, and reduce risk.
- Role of Science at EPA
- EPA Scientific Integrity Policies
- Grants and Funding
- News Releases: Research
- Peer Review and Scientific Advisory Organizations
- Risk Assessment
It All Starts With Science: a blog about Science Matters
- GEMS: Great Environmental Moments in Science
- It All Starts With Science video
- Research Fact Sheets, Brochures and Annual Reports
Tools and Technology
Innovative technologies hold the key to cost-effective timely solutions that minimize adverse environmental effects. Many EPA programs and activities foster the development and use of innovative technologies.
Did You Know?
EPA participates in a range of outreach events promoting science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) such as the USA Science and Engineering Festival and the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair. Learn about upcoming and recent STEM events and how young scientists and engineers are supporting the Agency's mission to protect human health and the environment.
- How do I find information about pollutants and the ways that people might be exposed to them?
- How can EPA help me develop or promote my new technology?
- Where can I find ideas for science experiments or science fair projects?
EPA Information Quality Guidelines
EPA has created a mechanism that enables the public to seek and obtain, where appropriate, correction of information disseminated by the EPA that does not comply with OMB's or EPA's Information Quality Guidelines.
Science Matters Newsletter
The Science Matters Newsletter is an update on the latest EPA research and science news. It is produced by EPA's Office of Research and Development.
- 10th Annual P3 Awards: A National Student Design Competition for Sustainability Focusing on People, Prosperity and the Planet - Closes December 11, 2012