|NEXUS Eligibility and Fees|
(12/03/2009)Individuals may qualify to participate in NEXUS if they are a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or Canada, have resided in either or both countries for the past three years and who pass criminal history and law enforcement checks.However, individuals may not qualify if they:
To participate, both the United States and Canada must approve an individual's application. Denial of an application by either country will keep an individual from participating in the NEXUS program.NEXUS FeesThe non-refundable application fee for NEXUS is $50 US that can be paid by direct debit from a U.S. bank account or credit card via the Global On-Line Enrollment System. There is a non-refundable $25 U.S. application fee to replace a NEXUS card that is damaged, lost or stolen.The non-refundable application fee for NEXUS is $50 CN that can be paid by check, credit card, or money order to the Canada Border Services Agency for the processing of an application submitted by regular mail.
- Are inadmissible to the United States or Canada under applicable immigration laws;
- Provide false or incomplete information on their application;
- Have been convicted of a criminal offense in any country;
- Have been found in violation of customs, agriculture, or immigration law;
- Will not lawfully reside in either Canada or the United States for the term of their NEXUS membership; or
- Fail to meet other requirements of the NEXUS program.