- Library of Congress
101 Independence Avenue, S.E.
Washington, D.C. 20559-6000
- Procedures and Courier Services: Mail Delivery
Hours of Service and Location
- Hours: Open to the public
Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., eastern time, except federal holidays.
Library of Congress, James Madison Memorial
Building, 101 Independence Avenue, S.E., Washington, D.C. near the Capitol
South Metro stop. Access for disabled individuals is
at the front door on Independence Avenue, S.E.
Maps and Floor Plans
Information: travel, lodging, and dining information
James Madison Memorial Building. The U.S. Copyright
Office is located on the 4th floor.
View Larger Map
Public Service Areas
- Visitors must follow certain security
procedures upon entry and exit.
- All patrons
using copyright records in public service areas are required to have Reader
Identification Cards issued by the Library.
- Public Information Office, LM 401
- The Copyright Office Public Records Reading Room, LM-404.
- Records Research and Certification Section, LM-453.
If you have any question that relates to copyright or registration.
Technical Support for Online Registration or Preregistration
- FAQs: Frequently Asked
- If you are having a technical problem using your computer to
submit your online registration or preregistration,
please Ask a Technical Question.
- Phone: (202) 707-3002 or 1-877-476-0778 (toll free)
Time: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday to Friday
Forms and Publications Hotline
The Forms and Publications Hotline is available 24 hours a day, seven days
a week. Use this number to request application forms for registration or informational
circulars if you know which forms or circulars you want. If you are unsure
which form or circular to order, please call the Public Information Office.
Can't find what you are looking
for? Do you want to: