- RecommendationsSee All
- Congratulations to all of the Digital Preservation Award winners!
Decennial Award winner: Archaeology Data Service at the University of York http://
Communications and Teaching Award winner: The Digital Preservation Training Programme http://www.dptp.org/
Research and Innovation Award winner: PLANETS Preservation & Long-term Access through Networked Services http://www.planets-project.eu/
- It's Digital Preservation Award 2012 day!! What a great slate of nominees! We're looking forward to the announcement later today at the #DPA2012 awards ceremony.
- Is it realistic to expect a single tool to do all your digital preservation and access work? Building bridges between tools allows users to have the best of both worlds.
- The NYPL is archiving Timothy Leary's letters, manuscripts, research documents, photographs, video and audio tapes, CDs and DVDs, etc., and even a power glove.
- In the Signal, the home of a Library of Congress engineer gets burglarized, her computers are stolen and she writes about what lessons she learned about data loss and protection.
- Cousin Joe: What do you do (between chomps of turkey)? Me: I'm a "digital preservation steward curator." What about you?
- Is there any appropriate group to work with Microsoft on appropriate licence terms for older software to render or migrate legacy files?
- Presentations from the Futures of Entertainment 2012 conference, including sessions like "The Ethics and Politics of Curation in a Spreadable Media World."
- If you are looking for a job associated in some way with preserving/curating/stewarding digital information for ongoing use into the future, you want the right mix of skill and experience to attract the right attention from an employer.
- Free video courses from the Odum Institute at UNC-Chapel Hill covering data management plans, digital repositories, spatial data and more.
- An art and technology non-profit was significantly damaged due to Hurricane Sandy, including its archive of media formats like DVDs, harddrives, and tapes. Find out about recovery efforts to save the collection of artist projects.
- What if your facebook profile and all of your photos and posts disappeared for one reason or another? Would you care? You CAN save your facebook data. Watch this to learn how.
- Welcome to the release candidate for the NDSA Levels of Digital Preservation. After some fantastic commentary on our blog we're excited to share this revised version of the levels for further commentary and discussion.
- The new program will fund humanities projects using digital formats such as websites, mobile applications, games, social media, and virtual environments to reach the public and foster lifelong learning.
- There is a great need to leverage technical infrastructures for preservation purposes, but should the responsibility be left to private companies?
- We know this is mainly an art project, but can you name some of the preservation challenges introduced by this approach?
- As difficult as the problems are surrounding "regular" digital objects are, there is a harder problem: preserving executable content, aka software.