- In honor of the holiday season, we'd like to share this festive recipe for "Roman Punch" - a frozen citrus palette cleanser popular in the 19th century - a sort of mimosa precursor. Whether it was served with the addition of alcohol in the ...White House during the Hayes Administration is a matter of speculation- judge for yourself at the link below:
Roman Punch Recipe:
Orange Juice, Lemon Juice or Lemonade, totaling 4 c./1liter
3 egg whites
2 c. Rum (500ml)
4 c. Champagne (1 liter)
1. Combine orange juice and lemon juice for a total of 4 cups (1 liter) liquid, proportions as desired.
2. Add rum and champagne to juice.
3. Beat egg whites in separate bowl. Fold/stir into juice mixture.
4. Freeze. Mixture can be stirred during freezing for a smoother consistency.
And remember: Please Drink Responsibly, Never Drink and Drive!
Itamar Martinezposted toThe Library of CongressDEMOCRACIA,AUN CON TUS IMPERFECIONES Y TUS FALLAS,ERES EL MAS PERFECTO INSTRUMENTO DE ARTE Y CULTURA Y CIVILIZACION,POBRES LOS REGIMENES TOTALITARIOS E IGNORANTES,QUE SECUESTRAN Y ENTIERRAN TU DIGNIDAD,SOLO LOS BRUTOS DAN LA ESPALDA A LA DEMOCRACIA.itamar Martinez RCA.pedagogo,artista y luchador de los Derechos del Hombre..london-2012.(Pavel,Tit
o.RAVI.TERESA LEVITT,GERARDO,PETER MULLER,WINNI,MARK ETC AMIGOS TODOS,-FRIENDS ENYOY..
Meriam Mondiaposted toThe Library of CongressGood day.. I am a fund reader of the book of Rolando Carbonelle, his book is entitled Beyond Forgetting...can you please help me secure a copy of this...please I have one before but borrowed by a friend and now I have a copy no more... it is my ardent desire to get hold again this very special book...thank you very much...waiting for your positive feedback....mrs. mondia from the Philippines
Pamela Hardie Huberposted toThe Library of CongressI have been here. It is so awsome! This is where I found a book re: My Heritage written by my cousin who once worked here; Leonard Slade. I am so grateful for his work!
Gail Moan Hallposted toThe Library of CongressSeveral years ago we had the privilege and PLEASURE of visiting the Library of Congress (the main building next to the Capitol). It was SO BEAUTIFUL! We also spent a lot of time in the collection of American Treasures. We still have the book about them. Do they still have that collection available for people to see?
- Need help in my search if none knows how to help me . My grandmother and her sisters wrote an autobiography about her life nd her sisters also aided in her endeavors in writing it. My cousin and I are seeking for a copy of this book and are having difficulties locating it , if anyone has an idea as to how we can do this we would appreciate it. Thank you ...
Melissa Montoyaposted toThe Library of CongressWhy are the Bibles and the Qua`rans being placed in the History section instead of the Fiction section? This is really disturbing and needs to be fixed! People are mistaking these books as factual or at least relevant based on your placement. Please fix this as soon as possible, my local library refuses to address it until you do!
Kevin E Lake shared a link.Want to learn all about a side of war that isn't glamorized in Hollywood or talked about too often outside of the small circle of brothers and sisters who experience it? Wanna know what a war deployment is really like? And why so many vets
...have such a hard time adjusting once they return and why there are record numbers of troop suicides from the current wars? Tread lightly. This is not for the faint of heart. Or for those who don't want the truth. Written by an Iraq Vet, to raise P.T.S.D. and suicide awareness for those who love a vet or are suffering themselves.
- I am rebuilding my website after 14 years. Access to our collections has been a blessing at introducing the truth about difficult topics at my traveling museum exhibits! I use information to balance, educate, inspire and heal communities.
...I retrieved copies of information on the American presidents before George Washington, African, Native-American African-American Slave/Plantation owners and narratives of couples that did get married though enslaved.
I've found & exhibited documents showing there were schools for Africans and African American slaves in southern America and many wrote books 1700's-1800's even a plantation that had a hospital.
People can argue with me but can't argue with 1st person testimonies in their own words, written or recorded by them!
Europeans were enslaved in North America, not only indentured and a cruel plantation owner was tried and hung by England for cruelty to his slaves. I found documents on my family and put many of these research facts and links on my research page at www.plantationquilts.com. Thank you for digitizing your information.
Keith Folkposted toThe Library of CongressI am interested in preservation of documents, photographs, film, video, and software. I am currently in college earning my Library Technical Assistant Certification in the Chicago area and I am looking for a paying internship. Any suggestions? Thanks!
My professional background is in Digital Media and includes video, animation, motion graphics, web design, graphics, and illustration.