Full Text Newspapers & Journals Available Inside the
Newspaper Reading Room Favorites:
- by Title/Subject:(1) EROC (Electronic
Resources Online Catalog). (2) Serials
Solutions. (3) EZB.
Choose easier to navigate ProQuest
or EBSCO, if you have a choice.
- by System Name most used in the Newspaper
- EBSCO. When you get to EBSCO, click "Choose Databases" or scroll down to see everything the Library has access to. (Includes the old Wilson databases).
Selected databases that include full text:
- by Database Title:
Archives. 19th-century newspapers, including The Pennsylvania
Gazette (1728-1800) Scroll down next to "Source".
Periodicals. 1825-1995. (Readex)
American Periodical Series Online and American Periodicals from the Center for Research Libraries combined.
(For titles & dates,
Historical Newspapers 1690-1922
including African American Newspapers, 1827-1998
Biological, ecological journals.
- BiVir. Full text Latin
American (Spanish and Portuguese) journals.
- Black Studies
Center. Full text from the International Index to Black
Periodicals. Also includes the Chicago
Defender (1910-1975) the NY Amsterdam News and the Pittsburgh Courier.
- British Periodicals.1680s-1930s.
and Eastern European Online Library.
National Knowledge Infrastructure. Chinese and English
periodicals and newspapers.
- China Times
(Taiwan) Click on the word Enter.
- Chosun Daily
Newspaper Archive. Full-text, in Korean.
International Affairs Online.
- Database for the History of Contemporary Chinese Political Movements 1949-
- Ebart Newspaper Archive (Serbian)
- Emerald. Management,
engineering, science & tech, health,
- Emerging Markets.
Includes full text news sources.
- Ethnic NewsWatch.
Ethnic, minority, native press. (For titles & dates,
Allows only a few users at a time. Make sure to logout, top
right corner, so others may use it when you're done.
- Gender Watch. (For
titles & dates available, click "Publications")
- Government Periodicals Index
- Harper's Weekly (1857-1912).
Law journals and more.
- History Cooperative. Titles like American Historical Review,
William and Mary Quarterly, etc.
- Information Services Latin America (ISLA)
- Ingenta (1996-
). Click show: subscriptions only (titles are labeled "s").
- Jane's. Click on the "Products A-Z" tab for magazine titles. They are mixed in with other products.
- JSTOR. Older titles,
long runs, dates range from the 1600's to present.
- KPM: North Korea's Newspaper & Journals Database. Includes English edition of the Pyongyang Times (scroll down).
Library Express. Includes newspapers.
- Library Literature & Information Science Full Text
Today's newspapers from over 95 countries. Up to 60 day
- LLMC Digital. Old government
A History of American Magazines.
- National Index to Chinese Newspapers and Periodicals
- Newspaper Archives/Indexes/Morgues
- 19th Century Masterfile. Links to full text in Making
of America from Cornell.
- 19th Century British Library Newspapers (Gale)
- 19th Century US Newspapers (Gale)
- 19th Century UK Periodicals (Gale)
- Philippine Journals Online
- PINFO. Three Pakistani newspapers.
- Project Muse. Scholarly
- ProQuest. (List of databases available)
- ProQuest Congressional.
Has The Hill (1995 - present) and Roll Call (1989 - present).
- ProQuest Congressional. Hearings. Uncheck all the other stuff.
Statistical Insight, has full text tables.
- RDS Business
- Rock's Backpages.
- Russian newspapers & periodicals from
Business Research Network
- Time (password required)
- Torrossa Casalini's full text platform.
- Variety Archives
- World News
Connection (formerly FBIS).
- Other Full Text Resources on