Obtaining Photographic Reproductions
Photographic copies of Prints and Photographs Division items found in American Memory can be ordered from the Library of Congress Photoduplication Service. These reproductions (prints or transparencies) are made from high quality negatives or transparencies.
- Take down the following information to place an order:
- If the "REPRODUCTION NUMBER" field is filled in, note down the letters and numbers that appear there and the type of negative (glass or film) mentioned in parentheses.
- If the "REPRODUCTION NUMBER" field only contains dashes, take down the letters and numbers that appear in the "CALL NUMBER" field. (The original will have to be photographed by the Photoduplication Service.)
- Note down a brief caption for the item.
- Contact the Photoduplication Service to place an order (telephone: 202-707-5640). Orders are accepted by mail and by fax.
- The Photoduplicaton Service estimates that it takes 3-6 weeks to complete an order.
Civil War Photos Home Page