Columbus Coat of Arms
- President of Mexico Felipe Calderon, guest speaker at the sixth Henry Alfred Kissinger Lecture
- Concert of Ladino Music: Flory Jagoda
- Santa Muerte, the Skeleton Saint
- The Life & Bookstore of Jan Mapou
- The Inauguration of the Hispanic Division Mexican Revolution Website
- The 2011 Maratón de Poesía
- Gladys Ilarregui, Malinche y las mujeres de la conquista / Malinche and Women in the Conquest of Mexico
- Regina Root, Couture and Consensus: Fashion and Politics in Postcolonial Argentina
- Eric Langer, Expecting Pears from an Elm Tree
- Joaquim Nabuco Symposium, (English)
- Joaquim Nabuco Symposium, (Portuguese)
- Creating Freedom in the Americas
* The Americas on the Eve of Independence
Chair: Paula Alonso, GWU/ Commentator: Roberto Cortés Conde, Universidad de San Andrés /
Michael Kammen's summary read by James Hutson, LOC / Alfredo Jocelyn-Holt, Universidad de Chile /
Inés Quintero, Universidad Central de Caracas / José María Portillo Valdés, Universidad del País Vasco.
*Comparing Independence Movements in the Americas
Chair and Commentator: Franklin Knight, The Johns Hopkins University /
Leslie Bethell, Oxford University, United Kingdom / David Armitage, Harvard University /
Alfonso Múnera, Universidad de Cartagena, Colombia / John Tutino, Georgetown University /
David Geggus, University of Florida, Gainesville.
*Constitution-Making in the Western Hemisphere
Chair: Georgette Dorn, Library of Congress / Commentator: Ivan Jaksic, Stanford University Program, Chile /
José Carlos Chiaramonte, Instituto Emilio Ravignani, Universidad de Buenos Aires.
Jack Rakove, Stanford University / Alfredo Avila Rueda, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Mexico City /Manuel Chust Calero, Universidad Jaume I , Spain
George Reid Andrews, Blackness in the White Nation: A History of Afro-Uruguay
The 2010 Américas Award for Children's and Young Adult Literature
Machu Picchu -- A Centennial Celebration
- Chavennes Jean-Baptiste, Haiti and the Aftermath: Actions, Vision & a Plan
- Charles H. Harris III and Louis R. Sadler, The Secret War in El Paso: Mexican Revolutionary Intrigue 1906-1920
- Alexander Hidalgo, The Map in Garb: Clothing and Cartography in Spanish America
- Martin Gonzalez de la Vara, Hard Times on the U.S.-Mexico Border, 1910-1939
- Judith Weiss, Jose Antonio Ramos: A Public Intellectual of the First Cuban Republic
- The 2010 Maratón de Poesía
- Jennifer Loughmiller-Newman Kislak Ceramics
- Maribel Alvarez And Wheat Completed the Cycle: Flour Mills, Social Memory, and Industrial Culture in Sonora, Mexico
- Hemingway in Pamplona
- John R. McNeill, Mosquito Empires
- Americas Awards Ceremony 2009
- The Royal Commentaries of the Inca
- Lisa Noetzel Francisco Pareja: Missionary and Linguist in Spanish Colonial Florida
- Daniel R. Pinto, The Jews of Brazil
- Luis Alberto Ambroggio, Lori Carlson, Catherine Mayo Cross Cultural Communications: U.S. Writers Translating Hispanic Writers
- Jacqueline Messing, Ethnography, Identity and Ethnohistory: Studying Narrative in Contemporary and Colonial Tlaxcala, Mexico
- Peasant Movement of Papay: Morning Session
- Peasant Movement of Papay: Afternoon Session
Barbara Tillet, " RDA: Antecedents y aspectos de su implementación " The Royal Commentaries of the Inca
- C.M. Mayo, "
The Last Prince of the Mexican Empire"
- Anthony S. Johnson, Ambassador of Jamaica to the United States, speaks on "The History of Education in Jamaica."
- Kluge Center Fellow Mark Anderson speaks on The Natural Nation: Tropical Imaginings and Ecologies of Abjection in Brazilian Literature
- Tom Sever, invited by the ST&B division of the Library, speaks on Avoiding the Fate of the Mayans
- The XVI Poetry Marathon of Teatro de la Luna
- Libraries and Human Development in Haiti: The Work of Fondation Connaissance et Liberte (FOKAL) First part
- Libraries and Human Development in Haiti: The Work of Fondation Connaissance et Liberte (FOKAL) Second part.
2007-08 Americas Awards for Children's and Young Adult Literature
- Center for the book presentation by Tom Gjelten on his book Bacardi and the Long Fight for Cuba
- June 18, 2007 address by the Rt. Hon. Owen Seymour Arthur, Prime Minister
- 2007 Jay I. Kislak Symposium: Pirates and Corsairs of the Americas in
History and Literature:
Guerra, "Drake and Rogers: Successful Heroes or Frightful
Franklin Knight, "Pirates of the Caribbean: An
Irregular Form of Imperial Expansion."
Earle. "The British Navy and the War Against the Pirates."
Lane, "Will the Real Pirates Please Stand Up? Provenance
and Perspectives in the History of Piracy"
Carmen Boullosa, "Why I Love Pirates."
Gerassi-Navarro, "Pirating Nations, Building Fictions."