Back to Collection Connections
[Detail] Scenes of TR and his sons Quentin and Archie, 1917-1918.
Theodore Roosevelt: His Life and Times on Film features 104 films of events in Roosevelt's life from the Spanish-American War in 1898 to his death in 1919. Roosevelt was the first U.S. president to have a large part of his career and life recorded on film. In addition to scenes of Roosevelt, these films include world figures, politicians, monarchs, and Roosevelt's friends and family. The collection also offers four sound recordings in which Roosevelt states his progressive political views
These online exhibits provide context and additional information about this collection.
- Film Chronology of Roosevelt and His Times
- Sound Recordings of Theodore Roosevelt's Voice
- T. R. on Film
- Timeline of Theodore Roosevelt's Life
These historical era(s) are best represented in the collection although they may not be all-encompassing.
- Development of the Industrial United States, 1876-1915
- Emergence of Modern America, 1890-1930
Related Collections and Exhibits
These collections and exhibits contain thematically-related primary and secondary sources. Also browse the Collection Finder for more related material on the American Memory Web site.
- American Life Histories, 1936-1940
- The Coolidge Era and the Consumer Economy, 1921-1929
- Last Days of a President: McKinley and the Pan-American Exposition, 1901
- Life of a City: New York, 1898-1906
- Presidents and First Ladies, 1789-Present
- Recordings from World War I and the 1920 Election
- The Spanish-American War in Pictures, 1898-1901
- Touring Turn-of-the-Century America, 1880-1920
Recommended additional sources of information.
There are currently no other resources for this collection
Specific guidance for searching this collection.
To find items in this collection, search by Keyword or browse by Alphabetical Title List or the Subject Index.
Each film has a detailed bibliographic record. Read this information before selecting films to download. Depending upon your computer equipment and the size of the film, download time can be lengthy.
For help with general search strategies, see Finding Items in American Memory.