Working in Paterson: Occupational Heritage in an Urban Setting, documents the growth of the town of Paterson, New Jersey and its role as a leader in manufacturing in the United States. This collection provides information on how the growth of manufacturing in the area has played a role in the lives of the people in the community and in the development of the town
These online exhibits provide context and additional information about this collection.
These historical era(s) are best represented in the collection although they may not be all-encompassing.
- Emergence of Modern America, 1890-1930
- The Great Depression and World War II, 1929-1945
- Postwar United States, 1945-early 1970s
- Contemporary United States, 1968-present
Related Collections and Exhibits
- America at Work, America at Leisure, 1894-1915
- American Life Histories, 1936-1940
- Buckaroos in Paradise: Ranching Culture in Northern Nevada, 1945-1982
- Inside an American Factory: Westinghouse Works, 1904
Recommended additional sources of information.
Specific guidance for searching this collection.
For help with general search strategies, see Finding Items in American Memory.