The New Deal Stage: Selections from the Federal Theatre Project, 1935-1939, includes photographs, stage and costume designs, and notebooks pertaining to productions of Macbeth, The Tragical History of Dr. Faustus, and Power, a topical drama of the period. Full scripts for 68 other plays are also available, along with Administrative Records of the Federal Theatre Project.
In a hurry? Save or print these Collection Connections as a single file.
These online exhibits provide context and additional information about this collection.
These historical era(s) are best represented in the collection although they may not be all-encompassing.
- The Great Depression and World War II, 1929-1945
Related Collections and Exhibits
- American Leaders Speak, 1918-1920
- American Life Histories, 1936-1940
- Built in America: 1933-Present
- California Gold: Folk Music From the Thirties, 1938-1940
- Coast to Coast: The Federal Theatre Project, 1935-1939
- FSA/OWI Photographs, 1935-1945
- Voices from the Dust Bowl, 1940-1941
Recommended additional sources of information.
Specific guidance for searching this collection
Currently, no searching is available with this collection. Browse productions of Macbeth, Power, and The Tragical History of Dr. Faustus to see notebooks, playbills, posters, and costume designs.