The Congressional Record
By Library Of Congress
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Read the daily edition of the Congressional Record on your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch. The Congressional Record App is presented by the Library of Congress using data provided by the Office of the Clerk of the U.S. House of Representatives, the Office of the Secretary of the Senate, and the Government Printing Office.
With this app you can:
- Browse editions of the Congressional Record by date: January 4, 1995 (the 104th Congress, 1st Session) to the present
- Perform keyword searches within individual documents or sections within documents
- Copy text within documents
- Share documents via email
- Save documents to your preferred PDF reader
- Identify the latest bills and resolutions considered daily on the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives
- Identify the latest bills, resolutions, treaties, and nominations considered daily on the floor of the U.S. Senate
The Congressional Record contains the debates, proceedings, and activities of the Congress of the United States. The Congressional Record is published in four parts: House of Representatives, Senate, Extension of Remarks, and Daily Digest. The Daily Digest provides a summary of the day's activities.
What's New in Version 1.5
- Support for iPhone and iPod touch devices
- Support for Retinal displays
- Added ability to copy text from the Congressional Record
- Enhanced search
- General enhancements
When the app is used with the voiceover screen reader, the buttons an interface elements read fine, but the text does not read it all. It's as though it does not exist. This makes the app perfectly useless for a blind person, as they cannot read the Congressional record!
I am sad to see that the Library of Congress, the home of the National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped, is producing an inaccessible app. Blind citizens have just as much of a right to know what their Congress is doing, and I fear that you have failed them! I hope you fix this soon.
Political junkies will like this
Very easy to search and navigate. Can't see using it that often, but still pretty cool.
Retina support lousy on iPad
Simple app, fine presentation. Unfortunately, the type is horrible when viewed on the new iPad -- odd, since the description specifically mentioned support for retina displays.
- Category: News
- Updated: Jul 06, 2012
- Version: 1.5
- Size: 4.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Library Of Congress
- ©United States Government Work
Requirements: Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPad. Requires iOS 5.0 or later.